Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tri Color Chair

I have had this chair in my attic for years and couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it.
It was in desperate need of a facelift. The wood seemed to have never had any stain or wax on it...just bare wood.
I couldn't decide on a color, so I picked three! 
 Since the wood was bare, I just picked 3 colors out of my supply of acrylic paints.
 Once I had the chair painted, 
I sanded the "you-know-what" out of it.

Then I waxed it with Fiddes dark wax.




 I'm so glad I couldn't decide on a color...
this chair is much happier with three!

Pin It


Linking To:
Savvy Southern StyleSomeday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Fabric Bows & More, Ginger Snap Crafts, Beyond The Picket Fence, Primitive & Proper, Creations By KaraPrimp, Rae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants, Seven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Happy Hour Projects, Joyful Stamper, Chic On a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Blissful Bucket List, Ladybird Lane, Simply Sweet Home, One Artsy Mama, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie Too, A Little Knick Knack, The Vintage Farmhouse, House of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters' Stuff, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty, Sassy Sites, Blissful & Domestic, Nap Time Crafters, Love Notes By Lauryn, Cherished Treasures, A Vision To Remember, Craft Envy, Petite Hermine, To Sew With Love, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Etcetorize, DIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House, Pinkapotamus, Lines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, The Farmhouse Porch, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Natural Mothers Network, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife, Mommy By Day Crafter By Night, Lil' Luna, Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's Korner

22 comments:

  1. What a neat transformation! I like the trio color selection! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! i can see it as a boy's desk chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. I love the colors. I like it photographed amid the garden greenery too.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, it looks so good outside. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this! I love the colors and how you distressed it. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun...I love your chair...what a great idea. I have a few chairs I am repainting so I will remember your idea...thanks for sharing...love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the distressing on this cute chair--great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to have found your blog and that I'm your 500th follower! Love the chair re-do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This chair would be happier right in my den! Love this makeover and the shape of the chair. Sometimes furniture takes a long time deciding what it wants to be! Came over from Etcetorize.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun makeover! Looks great. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so fun!! great job:) would love for you to link it up to tell me tuesday this week!

    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great transformation - love the colors and the new texture of the chair!

    I would love if you would post it and share it with my readers! Join the Community and share any of your creative project!

    Susan @ Oh My! Creative

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun and what a great conversation piece. All that sanding was well worth the effort. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! I like the three colors and the distressing. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Carrie
    http://fiveseventeenrepurposing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh Artsy Va Va, I lovest your chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! So glad you couldn't decide on a color too! Looks amazing in the tricolor!
    Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely!! I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...