Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello Cupcake

Pin It
Earlier this week I posted pictures of some whimsical watercolors that I recently painted.
Keeping with the "whimsical" theme, I thought I'd share another of my paintings...
This one is done using acrylic paint.
I achieved the textured background by dipping a wet paper towel in 3 colors and dabbing. I covered the entire canvas with the texture, painted the cupcake, and then added a light wash over the texture at the bottom.
Just like in my watercolors, I added some loose outlines with a fine tip Sharpie.
Go HERE to see my whimsical watercolors.


Linking To: 
Savvy Southern Style, Boogieboard Cottage,Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just A Housewife, Coastal Charm,To Sew With Love, Under The Table & Dreaming,Cherished Treasures,The Graphics Fairy,Polly Want A Crafter,Funky Junk Interiors,Addicted 2 Decorating,Domestically Speaking,Tales of a Trophy Wife,DIY Showoff, Skip To My Lou,Mommy By Day... Crafter By Night,Miss Mustard Seed,All Things Heart and Home,The Shabby Nest,Someday Crafts,Sew Much Ado,Lil' Luna,Sugar and Dots,House of Hepworths,Yesterday on Tuesday,Thrifty Decorating,Remodelaholic,Fingerprints on the Fridge,Lovely Crafty Home,Ladybird LN Craft Envy,Dittle Dattle,Craft-O-Maniac,Keeping It Simple,Mad In Crafts,Making The World Cuter,Sisters of the Wild West,Sarahndipities,Today's Creative Blog,Tip Junkie,Sassy Sites,The Thrifty Home,seven thirty three,Sisters Stuff,Fabric Bows and More,Sew Woodsy,Tea Rose Home,Ginger Snap Crafts,The Shabby Creek Cottage,What Allie's Making Now,Thrifty 101,Momnivore's Dilemma,It's Sew Stinkin Cute,Beyond The Picket Fence,Finding Fabulous,Trendy Treehouse,A Little Knick Knack,Chic on a Shoestring Decorating,Simply Sweet Home, Creation Corner,Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters,Mommaskindacrafty,Simply Designing,Joyful Stamper,Tatertots and Jello,Along For The Ride,Young and Crafty,While He Was Napping,A Vision To Remember,Stay At Home Nation,LambAround,Nifty Thrifty Things,Petite Hermine,A Bowl Full Of Lemons,The Foley Fam,Type A,Reasons To Skip The Housework,DIY Club Inc,Primitive and Proper,Creations by Kara,Elle Belle CreativeTales from Bloggeritaville,Delightful Order,Gluesticks,Somewhat Simple,Frugalicious Me,All Things Fee,Cherished Bliss,Homework,Me and My Boys,Homemaker on a Dime,Primp,Craft Junkie Too,Home Savvy,Lines Across My Face,Bear Rabbit Bear,The Kurtz Corner,Chef In Training,The Sasse Life,Project Queen,Crafty Scrappy Happy,Raising 4 Princesses,DIY Home Sweet Home,Passionately Artistic,Redoux,Pocket Full Of Pink,Kammy's Korner,I Can't Stop Crafting,Sassafras Salvation,The Artsy Girl Connection,The Shady Porch,Rae Gun Ramblings,Six Sisters Stuff,Sew Crafty Tuesday,Adventures In Dinner,Knick Of Time,Five Days 5 Ways,Some Good Stuff,Seven Alive,Ivy and Elephants,Creating Home,Alderberry Hill,
The Cottage MarketFine Craft Guild, I should be mopping the floor, CRAFT.,  Happy Hour Projects, Natural Mothers Network, Cowgirl Up, It's A Cinch,  Country Momma Cooks, Goings On In TexasAt Home With K Mushki Loves, Grateful Belly, Etcetorize, Bowdabra, Dotted Line Crafts, Made In A Day, Southern Lovely,Fishtail Cottage, Have a Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olson,Blissful Bucket List,The Dedicated House,Pinkapotamus,

12 comments:

  1. This is sooo stinkin adorable! I just love anything cupcake.. makes me think of my sweet Grandma, who told everyone her nickname was "Cupcake"!
    Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party tomorrow @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Boogieboard Cottage. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-5.html This is the link for the current party that closes today at 4pm CST or you could join us when the new party goes live at 8am CST on Monday. Hope to see you there. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDediatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! You have a major talent!!!

    Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turned out really well for you! I am still trying to build up relationship with Acrylic paints... hope to find good companions in each other :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute! I love it on that stand too...
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SUPER talented!! WOW it's fabulous!

    You are planning on sharing this over at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality.. right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I love painting with acrylics too and cupcakes are my favorite thing right now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it turned out so cute! I want one for my kitchen ^^) thanks for sharing, Virginia and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next week! Have a fun weekend.

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    to-sew-with-love.com
    tocookwithlove.com
    villaportillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. I am featuring this tomorrow!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, new follower here! I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/upcycled-chicken-coop-clever-chicks.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick




    Yours in poultry,
    Kathy Mormino
    The Chicken ChickTM

    Join me on Facebook
    Follow my blog: www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...