Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Farmhouse Table


I have wanted a farmhouse table for the longest time!
And, I wanted my son to build it. 
After about a million hints (actually they were more like requests) it sunk in that I was serious about wanting a new table. 
So, for Christmas 2013, my husband gave me a gift card to Lowe's to buy what we needed to build the table.

It didn't happen until August, but my table was finally built!

I lucked up on some legs that I wanted to use at an antique store. Then I had plenty of money on the gift card to buy everything else so my son, John, could get to work!
He started by building a frame for the top of the table and attaching it to the legs...

I wanted the table to be long and skinny, so it measures a little over 7 feet long and 29 inches wide.

Next, John added supports across the frame...

Then he added 4 boards to create the top...

I then took a belt sander to the edges to round the corners and rough up the edges to make it look old.
Then we flipped it upside down onto the kitchen counter work station and stained the base of the table...

I added crackle medium is a few random areas...

and, then I painted the base of the table with milk paint from The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company in the color barn red...



I went over the base with a dark wax to tone it down and then stained the top...

In a couple of places on the top,
I used my fingers and wiped on a little of the milk paint...



It took awhile for me to get my farmhouse table,
but it was worth the wait!



Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonTruly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of LemonsMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty HomeAdorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter BusterTwelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill,


Photobucket/

18 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift! I can't believe how you aged it to perfection -- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love it and especially like all the different chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful addition to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous table! I would love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About, Monday-Thursday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked the right legs, the right dimensions, and the right color for a perfect table. Worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is gorgeous! I love everything about it :) Visiting from Jann's lovely party....enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This table is awesome and I love that your son built it for you! I think the mismatched chairs are totally fantastic and I love the color milk paint and stain you chose as well. Definitely worth the wait! Thanks so much for linking this up to our Something to Talk About Link Party. Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic job! It looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE this table...great color you used for the base of it. Thanks for sharing it at my party today...it's always nice to have you here.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous table and I love that you made it with your son, with materials gifted from you husband...now it has a great story to tell too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! Looks great! Can he make me one too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So worth the weight--LOVE it lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! You are so talented. Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok I've get out of here - I keep backtracking on your posts and I want to do them all lol
    This is amazing !
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I love that's it's not as wide as a standard table ( they take up too much room ) but that it's so long - what a beautiful job!!!
    Off to you know where - because I want to copy everything you do. Eventually.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. الشرق الاوسط من اهم شركات نقل العفش بالدمام متحصصه فى نقل عفش واثاث بالدمام ونقل العفش بالخبر كما انها توفر شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل والخبر وشركة نقل عفش بالقطيف والاحساء وجميع خدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالمنطقة الشرقية بارخص اسعار نقل عفش بالدمام وتقدم ايضا شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام والخبر
    شركة الشرق الاوسط
    شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
    شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل
    شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف
    شركة نقل اثاث بالاحساء
    شركة نقل عفش بالخبر
    شركات النقل البري بالدمام
    شركات نقل العفش بالدمام
    ارقام شركات نقل العفش بالدمام
    ارخص شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
    شركة تخزين عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's the thickness of the boards he used for the table top?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...