Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Traveler

Pin It

This table base has been in my garage for months...
 Really, I shouldn't call it my garage...
I haven't had a car in there in a year!
I should call it my storage facility/studio.

Anyway, back to the table...
I couldn't decide what to do with it.
Make it a bench?
Add a mosaic to the top?

Then I came across this vintage suitcase...

I was just guessing,
but it appeared to be the perfect size to fit on top of the table base.
And, I was right!
It was the perfect size...
except at the corners where it left a little gap... 

So, after using a staple gun to attach the suitcase to the base, I added rope to cover the gap. Plus, it needed a little "something."
 It was the perfect touch!





It has great storage...


I'd love to know all the places the suitcase has traveled to!
 What stories could it tell?
 And, who owned it? I'm sure we would have gotten along great.
Apparently, they love color just like me!

 I'll never know who owned it, or where it's been.
I guess I'll just have to make up stories about far away lands and fantastic adventures!
Pin It

Linking To:
 Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Fabric Bows & More, Ginger Snap Crafts, Beyond The Picket Fence, Primitive & Proper, Creations By KaraPrimp, Rae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants, The Artsy Girl ConnectionSeven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Happy Hour Projects, Joyful Stamper, Chic On a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Blissful Bucket List, Ladybird Lane, Simply Sweet Home, One Artsy Mama, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie Too, A Little Knick Knack, The Vintage Farmhouse, House of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters' Stuff, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty Blissful & Domestic, Nap Time Crafters, A Vision To Remember, To Sew With Love, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Etcetorize, DIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House, Pinkapotamus, Lines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, The Farmhouse Porch, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Natural Mothers Network, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeLil' Luna, Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101, Craftionary, 5 Days 5 Ways Lamb Around Domestically Speaking, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, The Kurtz Corner, Fine Craft Guild Katies Nesting Spot, Hubby Made Me, The Thriftiness Miss, Homespun HappeningsCurb Alert,   It's Overflowing, C.R.A.F.T., The Sasse Life, Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Sugar and Dots, Sarahndipities, Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Daisy Cottage Designs, Snappee Turtle, If It's Not Baroque, Sassy Little Lady, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, Life We Live 4, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamPJH DesignsHouse Of Hoff, Hickory Trail, Our Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending LessMiss Mustard Seed, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesAshley's Dandelion WishesFrench Country CottageMad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's Maze,  

53 comments:

  1. Very Cute, I Love it. Glad someone else doesn't use their garage for parking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it- especially since its my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it- especially since its my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- I absolutely LOVE this!! I love the color (I'm a big fan of red too) and your idea of adding the rope to cover the gaps was genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! Your newest follower! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Years ago I bought a leather Samsonite at a junk shop, I wonder, too where it has been, what trains and buses it was carried onto. Your red suitcase table is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this. I am the opposite of you - I have a blue suitcase that is looking for the right size base. One day!
    Great job! Adorable.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such creative use of a great piece and I love how you solved your "gap" problem! Of course, red it my favorite color, so how I could not fall in love? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I love how it turned out and the rope was just the thing. Thank you for submitting this to Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Very unique!
    Therena@littlebitofpaint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-22/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just perfect! Love the color and your clever remake! Send me your address and I will send you the article from our newspaper on the garden spoons - patti (ppultorak @ gmail)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect, and now you can store all your magazines in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! And I love the color! Fabulous idea and really inspiring!
    theinspiredcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea! I love how well it goes with your chair. Thanks for coming by and partying with us. I hope that we'll see you again next week.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOMENESS!!! I need to look for a table this weekend while I'm out tag saling. LOVE IT!! Please come link up to my party What to do Weekends!! I love this. PINNING. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/06/what-to-do-weekends-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen a few of those done, but yours looks the best. The rope detail was just the thing. And it looks fabulous next to that chair. I just love vintage luggage. Take care - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! I love the color and those turned legs! :)
    ~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  19. So crafty! Pinned:)http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/red-white-and-blue-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Featured and pinned. Thanks so much. It's awesome. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/06/what-to-do-weekends-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your idea!! Thank you for linking up at our SImply Create Link Party!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like how you did that suitcase , looks great

    ReplyDelete
  23. The red suitcase table is truly outstanding in its field!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! And it goes perfectly with your arm chair!

    If you're interested, I'd love if you linked up to the Show & Tell party going on at Gingerly Made this week.

    http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/06/show-tell-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Virginia, I love it! You know that I adore red and it looks so cute with your chair. Certainly not your ordinary end table. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely, unexpected creation! I adore the pop of red and especially the rope treatment! Genius duo. :)

    I'll be featuring you on I Love That Junk and various other places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this! Love the color and the rope is the perfect finishing touch! I know you were so excited when everything came together so perfectly!! :)
    XO,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute and functional too! I love how you added the cording to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is Awesome!! Love it, and have it pinned! Thanks for linking up to the DIY Sunday Showcase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a simplistic idea. I love the execution on it! And that red is an amazing color!

    I hope you come and link up with us today at our Monday link up party!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/07/on-display-link-up-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nicely done! Would love it if you came by and shared it at One More Time Events...http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/06/share-it-one-more-time-features-and_29.html Hope to see you there! Hugs Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! This is an EXCELLENT idea! Thanks so much for sharing it on Make Bake Create and on my Homemaking Party.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so creative! Your project is being featured on Dandelion Wishes Wednesday tomorrow night! Stop on by and grab a featured button :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Major Typo, OPPS!
    Hopping over from Sumo's Sweet Stuff. Love this table, so creative and clever.It looks great with that red chair. I am pinning this table.
    Happy Fourth!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  36. You've just got Pinned!!! Thanks for sharing on DIY Showcase Party!! LOve the red/rope very unexpected!!

    Shelly-cohost
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so very cute! Thank you for linking with Hickory Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your suitcase table! You're my feature for this weeks Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  39. So creative and it looks fabulous next to that chair!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Virginia, just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good Morning Virginia, I absolutely love what you have done with this table base and suitcase. You have created a very unique table.... with added storage, which is something we all need. Guess what, I will be looking out for a suitcase and table base.
    I really feel inspired and I have enjoyed my visit to your blog, so I have become a new follower.
    It is lovely to meet you and I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! when you have the time as you will be more than welcome.
    Have a wonderful July 4th holiday today.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a cute idea! I love the rope detailing. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great idea and we love the red suitcase next to the red chair - great color - fun idea!

    Thanks for sharing on the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT. We'd love it if you link back to BeBetsy.

    ♡ Have a terrific week.

    Sharon and Denise
    Fashion | Food | Beauty | Out & About | Morning Coffee

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow! Do I love this or WHAT!!!!! I need one of these and this suitcase is so great...it's not leather (great for a vegetarian) the size is WONDERFUL...so deep with so much storage...IN LOVE!!!!! : ) TFS...hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a great idea. And it fits perfectly into your rooms decor!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love this X1,000 and you are being featured today! http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/07/05/bowdabra-feature-friday-with-christmas-in-july-projects/ Stop on over Mz. Creative ArtsyVava :)

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have the very same suitcase that I scored at a yard sale two years ago (but it's a dusty blue)...LOVE the color of yours!

    We featured your suitcase side table at Our Sunday Best and at our Pinterest board!

    Happy weekend,
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a perfect fit! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is so wonderful. Just love it. Featuring it when my link party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love it! Your new side table looks perfect next to that cute chair! BTW, what kind of wood floors do you have? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Talk about thinking outside the box....this is beyond that. Very clever, my fav color. How great was it that the 2 pieces that have separately have great stories? Put them together....O the stories you can tell. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...