Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Heating Up The Garden

While out pickin' last week I found this antique gas heater...
The man at the store said that they don't really sell very well in the summer, so he would take $10 for it.
With a price like that, how could I refuse?
I love the detail..

I knew she would look great in the garden painted a bright color.
I have a spot in my yard with a piece of plywood that I use to spray paint on.  But, this beauty weighs a ton! I'm sure it was quite comical to see me trying to lug her around. I finally gave up and just spray painted her next to the driveway. Don't tell my husband!
 I took these things out before I painted her...
 They had a nice patina.

She turned out beautiful...


She was so heavy, that she didn't end up where I wanted to put her, but she fits in perfectly by my fence...



 I did a search to see how much heaters like this are worth. I probably should have looked that up before I painted her! They can fetch quite a lot of money. Oops!
Oh well, for $10 and a little paint, I'm happy with the way she heats up my garden!

 Pin It

Linking To:
 Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Fabric Bows & More, Ginger Snap Crafts, Beyond The Picket Fence, Primitive & Proper, Creations By KaraPrimp, Rae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants, The Artsy Girl ConnectionSeven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Happy Hour Projects, Joyful Stamper, Chic On a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Blissful Bucket List, Ladybird Lane, Simply Sweet Home, One Artsy Mama, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie Too, A Little Knick Knack, The Vintage Farmhouse, House of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters' Stuff, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty Blissful & Domestic, Nap Time Crafters, A Vision To Remember, To Sew With Love, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Etcetorize, DIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House, Pinkapotamus, Lines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, The Farmhouse Porch, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Natural Mothers Network, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeLil' Luna, Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101, Craftionary, 5 Days 5 Ways Lamb Around Domestically Speaking, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, The Kurtz Corner, Fine Craft Guild Katies Nesting Spot, Hubby Made Me, The Thriftiness Miss, Homespun HappeningsCurb Alert,   It's Overflowing, C.R.A.F.T., The Sasse Life, Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Sugar and Dots, Sarahndipities, Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Daisy Cottage Designs, Snappee Turtle, If It's Not Baroque, Sassy Little Lady, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, Life We Live 4, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamPJH DesignsHouse Of Hoff, Hickory Trail, Our Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending LessMiss Mustard Seed, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesAshley's Dandelion WishesBe Betsy,  

38 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! How creative. Saw your post over @ Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty cool!! And you can't beat the price either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty color. It's the perfect garden accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did they heat up?? Cool find

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vava, It's fabulous! I love the color you choose also. It's currently my fave/... thank you for linking up with us. It's always lovely to see your contributions to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it too. The color is just perfect for it. It draws you eye right to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I would never have guessed that was a heater either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab! Loooove the colour choice :) Found you via 4 You With Love linkup. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it . . . all the details . . . and the new color.
    Great re-do . . . you rock with "out-of-the-box" talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, turquoise is one of my favorite colors. It really looks great because you left the middle part old and chippy. Take care - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a unique garden piece! I love the color you chose for it. Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color for this! What a great outcome!


    I hope you join us in our new weekly linkup!
    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/06/on-display-monday-linkup-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is WAY beyond fantastic -- and 10.00???? These people really (thankfully) don't know what they're giving away sometimes. What a great idea to paint it that bright color AND to think of removing those inserts to keep as is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant!! Love it! The color is fab!
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea, I love the pop of color in the garden.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the color you chose and it looks beautiful in your yard.. what a fun and unique garden art piece.

    -Tina (@ clutteredcorkboard.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The ceramic pieces alone are worth way more than ten bucks. She is a true turquoise beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very unique find! Definitely original garden decorations!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great!! =) Hope you have a great weekend!!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is a beauty! I love unique and unexpected things in the garden. Great color. I even loved her as she was! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the pop of color. I am a new follower. I found your blog through the Sunday Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! LOVE all the detail and the color is divine!
    I'm visiting today from DIY Showoff. I hope you get a chance to visit my blog, too. I'm co-hosting the DIY Sunday Showcase and would love for you to come by and link up!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Open Now! DIY Showcase ~ Come Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the color you chose to paint it. Years ago (maybe 40!) my mom found some small antique heaters like this and she removed the tops and made some wonderful little stools with the legs. But I like your idea and it maintains the original piece in tact.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The color is awesome:) Bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Perfect color!!

    I found your website from Southern Lovely. I just started a new blog and I would love for you to follow me, too! http://naptimenothings.blogspot.com/

    Looking forward to more posts!
    Sarah@
    Naptime Nothings

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that was such a cool find. I wouldn't have known it was a heater.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is BEAUTIFUL and I love this idea. I'm going to look for one of these now! (Once I spray-primed too close to the car and got over-spray ALL OVER IT. I was out there with a gas-rag scrubbing it off for two hours!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what a lovely way to recycle the heater. Love the color you choose.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how cute and funky this project turned out! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday. I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is FANTASTIC!! You got a heck of a deal! Isn't such a rush when you get a great deal?!! THanks for sharing on DIY Showcase!!!

    Shelly cohost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean please share it on DIY Showcase!! My mind is mush today! LOL

      Delete
  31. What a gorgeous and original project! Thank you so much for sharing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely sensational! You did an amazing job on that.

    Steph
    http:/www.newlymynted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!! : ) Hugs...top feature today!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an awesome find! Very cool!

    Thanks for sharing on the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT. We'd love it if you would link back to us! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sharon and Denise
    BeBetsy

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...