I've used wood cutouts from Signopoly for a couple of years now. So, when they asked me recently to be a Signopoly Ambassador, I was thrilled. As an ambassador, they send me things to play around with. And, when they sent me this new pumpkin design, I immediately thought of a quilt.I knew that I wanted some of the sections to be patterned. If you've followed me for awhile, then you know I love crafting with patterned paper napkins. When I found these napkins at Hobby Lobby, I knew they'd be perfect for this project.
I cut the napkins to fit in 6 of the sections.
I used ModPodge to adhere the napkins to the pumpkin then went over the top of the napkins with another coat of ModPodge. I let the excess part of the napkins hang over the edge until dry, then lightly sanded to remove the loose paper.
I used the colors Florida Orange, Rusty Nail, & Colonel Mustard from the Dixie Belle Paint Company to fill in the remaining sections of the pumpkin.
To define each section & make the pumpkin look more "finished" I added Dixie Belle's Best Dang Wax in the color brown. I filled the grooves with the dark wax using a stiff brush, then wiped it back. To make the wax easier to control, I first added clear wax to the pumpkin on the flat surfaces making sure to keep it out of the grooves.
Of all the Signopoly projects I've done over the years, I think this one is my absolute favorite!