Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Sign From Goodwill

Pin It

Shopping the aisles of Goodwill, you never know what you'll come across.
I recently found this...

It was just a nice little piece of wood, perfectly painted and distressed. with holes drilled in it and twine tied into a cute little bow.
What was it for? Was someone just playing around with painting techniques? Did they have a purpose for the little block of wood and changed their mind? 
And, best of all... the price....
For $1.21 I can do something with it!


I had some little starfish that I got at Michael's 3 for $2.
I thought the color and the twine made the block a little beachy feeling, so I painted a phrase on the block and added the starfish...

I triple loaded my round paint brush with acrylic paint in white, tan, and dark brown...
Thank you Goodwill for providing me with a canvas for an easy sign for under $2!



Linking To: 
Savvy Southern Style, Boogieboard Cottage,Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just A Housewife, Coastal Charm,To Sew With Love, Under The Table & Dreaming,Cherished Treasures,The Graphics Fairy,Polly Want A Crafter,Funky Junk Interiors,Addicted 2 Decorating,Domestically Speaking,Tales of a Trophy Wife,DIY Showoff, Skip To My Lou,Mommy By Day... Crafter By Night,Miss Mustard Seed,All Things Heart and Home,The Shabby Nest,Someday Crafts,Sew Much Ado,Lil' Luna,Sugar and Dots,House of Hepworths,Yesterday on Tuesday,Thrifty Decorating,Remodelaholic,Fingerprints on the Fridge,Lovely Crafty Home,Ladybird LN Craft Envy,Dittle Dattle,Craft-O-Maniac,Keeping It Simple,Mad In Crafts,Making The World Cuter,Sisters of the Wild West,Sarahndipities,Today's Creative Blog,Tip Junkie,Sassy Sites,The Thrifty Home,seven thirty three,Sisters Stuff,Fabric Bows and More,Sew Woodsy,Tea Rose Home,Ginger Snap Crafts,The Shabby Creek Cottage,What Allie's Making Now,Thrifty 101,Momnivore's Dilemma,It's Sew Stinkin Cute,Beyond The Picket Fence,Finding Fabulous,Trendy Treehouse,A Little Knick Knack,Chic on a Shoestring Decorating,Simply Sweet Home, Creation Corner,Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters,Mommaskindacrafty,Simply Designing,Joyful Stamper,Tatertots and Jello,Along For The Ride,Young and Crafty,While He Was Napping,A Vision To Remember,Stay At Home Nation,LambAround,Nifty Thrifty Things,Petite Hermine,A Bowl Full Of Lemons,The Foley Fam,Type A,Reasons To Skip The Housework,DIY Club Inc,Primitive and Proper,Creations by Kara,Elle Belle CreativeTales from Bloggeritaville,Delightful Order,Gluesticks,Somewhat Simple,Frugalicious Me,All Things Fee,Cherished Bliss,Homework,Me and My Boys,Homemaker on a Dime,Primp,Craft Junkie Too,Home Savvy,Lines Across My Face,Bear Rabbit Bear,The Kurtz Corner,Chef In Training,The Sasse Life,Project Queen,Crafty Scrappy Happy,Raising 4 Princesses,DIY Home Sweet Home,Passionately Artistic,Redoux,Pocket Full Of Pink,Kammy's Korner,I Can't Stop Crafting,Sassafras Salvation,The Artsy Girl Connection,The Shady Porch,Rae Gun Ramblings,Six Sisters Stuff,Sew Crafty Tuesday,Adventures In Dinner,Knick Of Time,Five Days 5 Ways,Some Good Stuff,Seven Alive,Ivy and Elephants,Creating Home,Alderberry Hill,
The Cottage MarketFine Craft Guild, I should be mopping the floor, CRAFT.,  Happy Hour Projects, Natural Mothers Network, Cowgirl Up, It's A Cinch,  Country Momma Cooks, Goings On In TexasAt Home With K Mushki Loves, Grateful Belly, Etcetorize, Bowdabra, Dotted Line Crafts, Made In A Day, Southern Lovely,Fishtail Cottage, Have a Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olson,Blissful Bucket List,

39 comments:

  1. What a great buy!!! It looks just perfect!! And the PRICE! Can't beat that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find just too cute and pretty!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find and beautiful makeover! Happy 4th. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I love what youve done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely day
    A Sign From Goodwill
    While reading this magical article, I have feel that this blog really has all the quality that qualify a blog to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at painting and staying in the lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know what it was because I used to have one. The twine went through 2 holes punched in the top of a notepad (you know like a grocery list thing). Maybe it was mine at one time!! You really made it into a cute beachy sign.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute and a great repurpose!
    I would love if you stopped by my linky party happening now to link your projects up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A friend of mine is very interested in this style and I am very interested in house redressing. I added your button to my site and hope you might take a moment to check it out: http://myhouseredressing.blogspot.com.

    I also enjoy thrifting and the magic of bringing discarded items to a place within my home. If you would follow or offer comments, I would appreciate your insight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry...your button has an error message?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have more of a green thumb than a crafty thumb...I envy individuals who can take a piece of wood and create something beautiful from it. I love the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, looks very beach-y for sure. I love anything nautical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would be perfect at Tortoise Cottage, here just a half mile from the Gulf! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this!! I love anything with a beach theme, actually. You just never know what you will find at Goodwill and this was a great find. Nice job!! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a find! A craft ... that hasn't been finished. Way too perfect.

    And what you did with it is also fabulous. I am a beach lover, so that's the route I would have taken also.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea-I love it! Thanks for sharing this with us on Seasonal Celebration! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful sign, I love it, it's simply and yet wonderful, and nice message as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks great! Don't you just love the treasures you can find at Goodwill?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great find & cute idea. I'm revamping my bathroom with a beachy theme right now. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable!
    Am hopping over from Knick of Time blog hop and your newest follower :-) Be sure and follow back!

    Emily
    www.emilysummers-designer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice, I so love to find deals like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a great idea! The beach sounds really nice today coming from the hot prairie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute. One of my favorite phrases!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! You really saw the possibilities!! It looks great!! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super work!

    I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked up bacon and scrambled egg rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that the lettering looks sorta burned into the wood. Thats what I thought you had done at first glance. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice. What a strange price though. At first I thought it ws 12 and 1/6th which would be weird but why $1.21? What's the extra 1 cent for I wonder. Anyway...Thanks so much for sharing your project at Etcetorize and giving me something to ponder this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute~ I love it!! Thanks for linkin up! Can’t wait to see what you’ve made this week!
    Kim@madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great canvas for nearly a buck! :) Turned out so cute!! :) Thanks so much for partying with me last week at my Unveil Your Genius link party. I hope to see you again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! I would love to have you come visit me at www.eatloveinspire.blogspot.com Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh yes, girl! I would have to say amen to that! ^^) I am totally pinning this.

    thanks for sharing and have a fun weekend!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    www.to-sew-with-love.com
    www.tocookwithlove.com
    villaportillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like it was meant to be. You did a great job and it definately has a beachy feel. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...