Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Reunited With Re*design


It's yard sale season! Here in the South you can find a yard sale almost any weekend year 'round, but Spring & Summer are jam packed with them. 
I recently picked this chair up at a yard sale given by a woman who owns an antique store. The veneer on the back was missing, but I didn't mind because I was planning to paint it anyway.
 While I was paying, another woman who is a vendor at the antique store that the other lady owns, told me that she had the same chair at her house and she'd be happy to sell it at the same price. I said, "sold" so she ran home and  got it. It had some of the veneer on the back, but it was in bad shape!


I removed all the veneer...
 I painted each chair with the color Vintage Duck Egg from the Dixie Belle Paint Company and glazed them with the color Van Dyke Brown. I recovered each seat with fabric that I had in my attic.
I was excited to try out the Re*Design With Prima image transfers on my freshly painted chairs.

This set of transfers included 8 designs. I took this one and cut the flower into two parts and also cut the words into two sections.
The transfers are so easy to use... just place the design onto the painted surface and rub with an applicator provided with the transfer.
Doing this made the chairs match but not be exactly the same.


Reunited and it feels so good!







Linking To:
Coastal CharmGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun RamblingsMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk InteriorsDIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsOur Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro, Worthing Court, Confessions Of A Plate Addict


16 comments:

  1. I love these! They look great in front of the fireplace:) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Iove what you did with these vintage chairs! I've never tried transfers yet but these chairs have inspired me to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you transformed the chairs so beautifully! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did wonderful rehab with your chairs, they are great style. I have thing for different along with vintage. To me it seems some of vintage styles were softer. Maybe that's due to me being kinda vintage myself at soon to be 78,lol.
    Your recreation with those chairs is fantastic, did them much credit, the color is perfect with the transfers. I need to look into those. Did you find them online or at a store? Interesting how you assembled transfers on chairs, for better effect.

    Have wonderful rest of week

    ReplyDelete
  6. These chairs look spectacular. What a great find and makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two chair could not have turn out any prettier. I love what you did. Not just the finish but the small bit of art on the back and the fabric you choose is perfect to draw you into the waxed edges and the art. Perfection at it's best!!!
    Happy Summer.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chairs turned out beautifully Virginia! I love the color and the transfer. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chairs turned out amazing. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party. The party opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous transformation. Love the paint and image transfer combination and featuring when my party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were meant to have these chairs. I love them. I have never seen any like them before - love the back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These really caught my eye. You did such a creative job on the entire project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to reach my goals. I definitely liked reading all that is written on your site.Keep the information coming. I enjoyed it!personalized stainless steel water bottles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...