Sunday, November 27, 2016

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

I've seen so many posts from other bloggers, over the last couple of weeks, of beautiful snow scenes. We rarely get snow in my part of Georgia. We had temperatures in the 70's on Thanksgiving and spent the day in t-shirts sitting by the pool! So, this project is probably the closest I'll get to seeing snow at Christmas.

It started with one of the mini baking pans I bought over a year ago at a yard sale...

You may remember the Christmas ornaments I made with them last year. You can find that post HERE.

I started by filling the pan with Swamp Mud from The Dixie Belle Paint Company.
Swamp Mud is most commonly used to fill holes and repair furniture. It is also used with stencils to create 3 dimensional designs.
While the mud was still wet, I inserted a cute little vintage looking deer and bottle brush trees. 
The mud acted as glue to hold the deer and trees in place.

I'll definitely see more "mud" at Christmas than snow. But it's ok... I prefer to see snow in pictures rather than in my yard! For those of you who love the snow...enjoy, and keep those pictures coming!
Pin It

Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings,  Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru LifeBloom Designs,French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Charm Bracelet Diva,


10 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love brush trees right now and have a couple of crafts planned with them in mind. You should be glad you don't get snow or rarely get it there! It is nice for a photo, but after that I am tired of it. And, it is just plain scary to drive in!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful and love the metal base too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your adorable vintage mini tin ornaments from last year. Your winter wonderland tins this year are just as adorable! Pinning and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That swamp mud is very creative. That's a cute winter wonderland, and I love the deer. I always wonder if I'll ever have a white Christmas. :)

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute never heard of swamp mud? I'll have to look for that
    I think I have a small tin I could play with and create a winter wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute winter wonderland Virginia! I made a Christmas scene on the top of a large fluted pan and added a base to it. Lots of fun! Love the mud!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's awesome, V! Using the goo for snow AND adhesive: genius.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...