Monday, November 30, 2015

Tart Tin Photo Ornament

I went to a yard sale a few months ago that was being held by a couple who own a German restaurant here in my town. I bought a stack of mini tart tins, some of which still had stickers on the back that said, "Made in Germany."  A few different projects ran through my head of what to do with them. And then, all of a sudden, Christmas was approaching so I decided they'd make perfect photo ornaments. 

I started by using my metal punch to add 2 holes to the tart tin. This type of punch is made for punching holes in metal and is used on things like bottle caps.
 I threaded twine through the holes and tied a knot. I tied the knot to the inside of the tin so it will be hidden when I add the embellishments.

I printed out one of my favorite photos of my parents...

To know where to cut, I rubbed the edge of a pencil along the rim of the inner raised section of the tin. Then I laid the photo down and rubbed the photo to transfer the pencil marks onto the back of the photo.



Then I cut along the pencil marks...

I added tacky glue to the flat inner section of the tart tin and added the photo...



I added more tacky glue to the tin and added a row of wireless chenille around the photo...


I added a little more tacky glue and a second row of the chenille...



I finished it off with a paper flower to cover the knot...


I think this will be a favorite for many years to come!

Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonTruly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of LemonsMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty HomeAdorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter BusterTwelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly Made,  Pink Heels Pink TruckMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill, Friday's Furniture Fix, DIY-Crush,


Photobucket/

12 comments:

  1. What a precious, and pretty, ornament idea! The picture of your parents goes perfectly with the vintage tin! I had a stack of these, too, from a yard sale and sold them! Sure wish I'd kept them! The snowman ornament in the previous post is so cute, too! ...thanks for the kind comment on my lantern from Ollie's. It's been so much fun to change up for the seasons! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious, and pretty, ornament idea! The picture of your parents goes perfectly with the vintage tin! I had a stack of these, too, from a yard sale and sold them! Sure wish I'd kept them! The snowman ornament in the previous post is so cute, too! ...thanks for the kind comment on my lantern from Ollie's. It's been so much fun to change up for the seasons! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful keepsake of your parents and such a clever idea Virginia! Thanks for the photo cutting tip. Pinned to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture in the tarlet tin! Great idea. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that! Just the style ornament I like to decorate with. I think I have some tart tins around here somewhere....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really so fabulous! You've inspired me to do the same with our wedding photo. It was taken by Benny when he was 3, and now the edges are a bit torn. Hope to make it as beautiful! Happy holidays!
    Sincerely,
    Judith
    www.term-paper-research.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings, I am so amazed to see the blog post. Thanks for sharing with us. Sharing is caring always.
    Deep Etching Service
    Clipping Path Service
    Clipping Path

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the idea of creating Tart Tin Photo Ornaments! It's such a creative and sentimental way to decorate the tree and cherish precious memories. I can't wait to try this DIY project. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Learn about duplicating layers in photoshop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...