Sunday, February 12, 2023

Slikscreen Stencil Valentine

 I love it when an experiment turns out how I envisioned. This is one of those projects. Unfortunately, there are plenty that didn't. But, that's how you learn, right?

This project not only worked out how I wanted, but was super easy & quick!

I love working with the air dry Modeling Material from Re*design With Prima. Typically, I use it with their molds. But, in this case I wanted to create hearts & didn't have a heart shaped mold. I did, however, have heart shaped cookie cutters.


After rolling the modeling material out with a rolling pin, I cut 2 different sizes of hearts with my cookie cutters.
Another of my favorite things to work with are the Silkscreen Stencils from the Dixie Belle Paint Company. For this project I chose the Mandala design. Each pack has 3 different sheets of designs.



 The screen helps prevent the paint from bleeding under the stencil so you get a crisp image. But, I had no idea how it would work doing it on the modeling material while it was still soft.
I placed the sticky side of the stencil on the heart, then scraped on the chalk mineral paint color, Peony, from Dixie Belle.

When I peeled up the stencil, I was excited to see that it worked perfectly.


Now my mind is spinning with all the ways to use these. I have them on the table riser on my kitchen table. But while soft, they could be glued onto candles, vases, artwork...

The possibilities are endless!




Linking To:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...