Monday, November 20, 2017

That's A Wrap For Thanksgiving

It's time to wrap up your Fall decorating! 
There's still time to add to your Thanksgiving decor before your guests arrive. Especially with an easy project like this one. And, most likely, you have everything on hand to get started.

 Supplies:
 Jars or Other Glass Containers
Quotes or Art Printed on Your Home Computer
Tea
Pan Large Enough to Hold An 8.5 x 11 Piece Of Computer Paper
Tape
Twine
Glue
 Download or create graphics that will go on the jars. I created the graphics used here in PicMonkey. Print the graphics in landscape mode.
 Tear, don’t cut, the paper at least 1 ½ inches above the graphic, and at least ½ inch below the graphic. You’ll want to leave more space above the graphic than below.
 Steep some tea and pour it into a pan. Note: green tea will not be dark enough to properly stain the paper. Place the paper into the pan and allow the tea to stain the paper. It’s best to leave it overnight.
Remove the paper from the pan of tea and allow to dry.

 Add glue to the rim of the jar and wrap with twine. 

 Wrap the tea stained paper around the  jar and secure with tape on the back. You may also glue the paper to the jar, however, using tape allows you to easily change the wrap for each season.
 Use a piece of twine to tie a bow around the top section of the paper.


Fill the jar with Fall foliage, candles, candy, or display as is.






Where will you display your jars? They're perfect for just about anywhere, including your table or mantel.

Go HERE to see how I created the Pumpkin Welcome Window.

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you wrap up your projects soon!


Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Creations By Kara,  Rae Gun Ramblings,  The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Made In A Day, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest,  Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,   Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,  Homework,  I Gotta Create,  Thrifty 101,  Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill Ranch, Flutter Buster, Nap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam, Our Home Away From Home,  Remodelaholic, Flamingo Toes,  VMG206,  Finding Silver Pennies, A Stroll Thru Life, French Country Cottage, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, DIY-Crush, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro


10 comments:

  1. how super cute and now I have an idea for the super cute jars I found earlier tonight thanks for sharing
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I often stain paper with tea. I usually place it in a 200 degree oven and it dries and stains nicely. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...