Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Welcome Fall With A Hand Painted Window

Nothing says Autumn like pumpkins. And, they're not just for Halloween! Pumpkins are the perfect addition to your Fall decor all the way through Thanksgiving. So, I hand painted a window with a welcoming pumpkin theme. 

After giving an old window a good cleaning, I spelled out the word, WELCOME, using vinyl letters that I purchased at Michael's.
I made sure all the letters were pressed down so paint wouldn't seep under the vinyl.

Then I hand painted pumpkins on the window...


When the paint was dry, I peeled up the vinyl letters...


Of course, I could have just painted, welcome, on the window, but using the vinyl allows you to see through the letters which adds another dimension.



This window will be perfect on the mantel or on the porch!


Welcome Fall!

Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonTruly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of LemonsMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty HomeAdorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter BusterTwelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill, Friday's Furniture Fix


Photobucket/

15 comments:

  1. I love this idea! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite painted window that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible! I saw it posted on Ivy and Elephants and had to see it upclose. I've pinned to 4 of my boards. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Love love love this idea and pinning to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! At first I was thinking, oh how cool you could put Welcome on the window in vinyl then change out the background for different holidays. Then I saw the effect of pulling the vinyl off so you can see through the lettering and totally love the look!

    I am co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty link party this month and would love to have you stop by for a visit. The door is open now through Monday night. http://alaynascreations.co/2015/09/18/home-matters-linky-party-55/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully painted!! Hope you have a great weekend ahead.... Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I love what you did to this window Joan!
    :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of using the vinyl lettering this way. Very cute Virginia! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you get your old wood windows? I've been looking for a source in Grand Junction area without any luck. You did such an amazing painting job on your window, it looks so real would be looking behind window to see the pumpkins. Love lettering idea. Happy week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fortunate enough to have friends with construction/remodeling businesses and they give me old windows for free!

      Delete
  10. Oh this is all kinds of gorgeous! Featuring when my party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love this so much! I am featuring your adorable Hand painted window tonight @ our What to do Weekends Party! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Pinned and Tweeted!
    Happy Fall,
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance
    http://shoestringelagance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! What kind of paint did you use? Is it easy enough to remove when you want to change the seasons?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...