Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Broken Adirondack Chair Makeover

Time and time again I've mentioned how people like to give me stuff. Stuff otherwise destined for the dump. Sometimes I take it and it ends up in the dump anyway, but often times I figure out something to do with it.
When my friend, Karen, brought me this back of a broken Adirondack chair, I immediately thought it should be painted and placed in a flower bed.
When I looked at it I saw a flag. So I started painting it with Barn Red from The Dixie Belle Paint Company...
and Fluff...
and Yankee Blue...


and more Fluff for stars...

When the paint was dry, I gave it a good sanding...

It would have been fine if I stopped there, but to age it a little more, I added Dixie Belle glaze. I started with the color Grunge, then added Van Dyke Brown, and finished it off with Black...


I added Dixie Belle clear wax to seal it. 
I think it's the perfect Patriotic addition to the garden.

It looks a lot better there than in the dump!

11 comments:

  1. Love it! And jealous you could hand paint your stars. I had to buy sticker stars to do my wood flag.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever and talented lady you are, it's incredible you could look at that and see flag and how awesome you made it. Lucky you having people give you whatever. Isn't it fun to make great stuff out of junk? To me the challenge is the fun of it.

    I used stencil for stars on flag I made last year, still hanging on porch railings. Surprisingly it's still in good shape even after rain and snow, wind blowing dirt. It's regular flag shape, even got flag out so would paint stars correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and perfect for the garden. With love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever repurpose and I love the aged appearance you gave it. Pinning to share.
    Marie, The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously amazed at this, especially that you free handed and didn't tape - GREAT JOB!! I've chosen your fab upcycle for one of this week's Friday Favorites - swing by and link up again! http://leroylime.blogspot.com/2016/05/friday-favorites-week-322-4th-of-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. OhmyUSAgosh.... this is such a unique twist to a patriotic flag. A broken chair! Looooving this!

    I've featured you this weekend on Party Junk. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my kind of repurposing! What a save and what a creative way to bring life back into something destined for the dump. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want to take apart an Adirondack chair just for this part lol. Fabulous. Featuring when my party opens up tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...