Monday, September 2, 2019

Hope For The Chest

This hope chest was minutes away from going on a burn pile!

A friend called to tell me that he had a few things I might be interested in, but the fire was lit and if I wanted anything I'd have to come right over. Luckily I was able to get there in time to rescue a few things. 

This hope chest was missing the skirt around the bottom that forms the legs. 
 It was also missing the knobs on the faux drawers.
I gave the chest a fresh coat of paint using Dixie Belle's color Caviar.

 Rather than put new knobs on, I used re*design with Prima molds & modeling material to create medallions to cover the holes.
 I painted the medallions with Dixie Belle's Moonshine Metallics using the color, Gold Digger. Then I glued them over the holes using E6000.
 I also painted some small legs that I found at Lowe's using the Gold Digger.
 What a shame it would have been if this chest had gone up in flames!




The lesson...
Call before you burn!
There are plenty of us out there that love to rescue & revive discarded furniture.

Linking To:

4 comments:

  1. Yes, thank goodness another perfectly good piece of furniture didn't go up in flames or end up in the landfill. What a transformation - you did a gorgeous job on this chest, Virginia! So what does your friend think of his old chest now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. What an awesome transformation! Great idea to make the medallions. It looks so high-end now, funny he wanted to burn it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your friend might be second guessing his decision to get rid of that hope chest - it Looks great! The Prima molds & modeling material looks like an interesting product.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...