Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Windsor Chair Makeover With Prima

Windsor chairs have been around since the 16th century. And, chances are, we've all owned one at some point. I can't even count how many I've painted in my lifetime.
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this typical Windsor chair and try out some new products from Re*design With Prima.

 I first gave the chair 2 coats of the color, Driftwood, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.
 I was excited to try out the Stick & Style Stencil Roll.
 I cut off a piece of the stencil and placed it along one side of the chair seat. The stencil has an adhesive back so it easily stays in place.
 Because it is made of a vinyl material, I was able to easily cut it and place it around the chair spindles.
 I went over the stencil with the color, Drop Cloth. Because of the adhesive back, I didn't have any problems with the paint bleeding under the stencil. I did go over the edge in a couple of places, but touched that up with the Driftwood.

 I continued this pattern on the top of the chair.
 Once the paint was dry, I added 2 image transfers from Prima.


 I don't think the Windsor chairs of the 16th century looked like this!


A great thing about the Stick & Style Stencil Roll is that you can use it over and over. I'm not sure how many times you can reuse it...probably until the sticky starts to wear off.
Here's a little Valentine project I did using the same piece of the roll that I used on the chair. I placed it on a canvas then peeled it up and re-positioned it over and over until I had covered the canvas with the design.

And, while I'm sharing other projects, here's a sweet little table that I painted and added another Prima transfer to...
I think I'll be in a stenciling & image transfer phase for quite awhile!


Linking To:
Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun RamblingsMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk InteriorsDIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo Toes Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsOur Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro, Worthing Court, Confessions Of A Plate Addict, My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia, Dabbling And Decorating


5 comments:

  1. I've had many of those chairs, too! I think we gave away six of them when we got rid of our old kitchen table lol. Yours looks so much better! Those stencils really seem great. I love that they are adhesive. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Virginia you transformed a chair we often see and pass by into something gorgeous. Featuring when my party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our power went out in the middle of posting my comment so hope this isn't a dupe! Love this chair. You've taken something ordinary and made it special AGAIN. Featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful makeover! Happy Crafting, Kippi #kippiathome

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such lovely makeover of the chair. Your colors are perfect as are the stencil & transfer. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...