Monday, August 14, 2017

A Mid Century Marriage

My friend, Valrey, a.k.a. the Picker Chic, is my go to person when I'm on the hunt for furniture. If you need something, chances are she has it! I wasn't looking for anything specific, but stopped by just to see what she had. I was so excited to get 2 of these mid century chairs...
The original vinyl seats were in great condition. And I loved the color!
There were are few scratches on the wood and the caning on the back was faded.

I revived the wood and the caning with Dixie Belle Paint Company gel stain in the color, Espresso.
I love this stuff! It's the consistency of pudding. I just dip a rag directly into the can and wipe it on. There are no drips like with traditional stain.



It only took about 10 minutes to revive these beauties!

Valrey also had a little mid century modern table that I thought would go perfectly with the chairs.
The top was scratched and the drawers and sides of the table were missing some veneer...
I used Swamp Mud to fill in the missing veneer, let it dry overnight, then sanded it smooth.
 I painted the drawers with the color Peacock.
Then added black wax to make them match the vinyl seats of the chairs.
I used more of the Espresso Gel Stain to revive the wood and make it match the chairs.

It's a perfect marriage...
And, it's fitting that these pieces are now part of the decor at Mill Creek, a wedding venue in nearby Griffin, Georgia.


Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Made In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro


12 comments:

  1. You are a miracle worker, those look great!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  2. They truly are a beautiful marriage, like they were made for each other. Stunning makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Virginia, this is one of my favorite makeovers ever, and I'm not even a MCM person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! And I love that gel stain. I'm going to look for it out here. It would definitely make so many projects so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! The chairs alone are beautiful but with that cabinet -- amazing! I haven't heard of Swamp Mud! Will have to pin this so I remember it when I need it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue on end table and how well it matches the seats of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I also need to get me some of their Swamp Mud, I hate it when veneer is missing! Love that stain as well. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the peacock blue! Beautifully paired with the dark stain. These two pieces complement each other and would pull together any room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that stain is fabulous! Love the blue too. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر تسعد دائما بخدمة عملائها اهالي محافظة الخبر والدمام حيث تقدم لهم جميع خدمات التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات بافضل جودة وبخصومات هائلة تصل الي 30% مع شركة المثالي جروب للتنظيف بالخبر
    شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء
    توفر شركة المثالي جروب شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء والمتخصصة في تنظيف وغسيل وتجفيف المجالس والكنب والسجاد والموكيت وجميع انواع المفروشات بالاحساء والمقدمة من خلال التنظيف بتقنية البخار
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالقطيف
    مع شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف سوف تحصلون علي نظافة شاملة لجميع اركان المنزل وكل ما يحيط بة بافضل جودة وبارخص الاسعار مع خصم 30% مع شركة المثالي جروب فهي افضل شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
    شركة تنظيف بالجبيل الشركة التي تستطيعون الاعتماد عليها في تنظيف منازلكم بكل امان وكل راحة فهي تقدم لعملائها الجودة والمواصفات القياسية للتنظيف والتعقيم الجيد بالجبيل البلد والجبيل الصناعية
    مع شركة المثالي جروب بالمنطقة الشرقية انتم دائما في امان سوف تحصلون من خلالها علي نظافة شاملة للارضيات والجدران والاسقف وتنظيف شامل للكنب والمفروشات مع التقيم وابادة الحشرات بالضمان وبارخص الاسعار تواصلوا معنا علي جوال 0577017188 وسوف تحصلون علي ما تريدون او زورا موقعنا علي
    http://elmthaly-group.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B2%D9%84-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...