Monday, December 2, 2019

Not Your Mama's Christmas Village

In October, my husband, son, daughter, & I vacationed in Italy. It was a wonderful trip!
We came home with great memories, but not a lot of souvenirs. One thing I did buy was this cute little wooden house. 

I love the rustic simplicity of it. And, of course, I thought that I could do that!
So, once I got home, I took the idea and made a little Christmas Village.

I drew off the pattern for three houses on a 2 x 4 & had my son cut it.
 I sanded the edges, then stained the wood with Voodoo Gel Stain from the Dixie Belle Paint Company. I love this stain because it is water based so the clean up is easy!
 I painted over the stain with the color Fluff from Dixie Belle.
 When the paint was dry, I sanded the blocks.
 For the doors and windows, I cut and painted thin pieces of veneer and glued them onto the blocks with E6000.

 I painted Christmas garland and wreaths on the blocks.


They were cute, but I felt like they needed something.
Shutters! That's what they needed.
 On two of the houses, I used veneer to create the shutters, and painted the shutters on the other one.


 Yes! That's what they needed.

 I love my little Christmas village. And it will always bring back fond memories of my trip to Italy.





Linking To:

7 comments:

  1. This looks great!
    I have made also a Christmas Village in 2017.
    When you want, look : https://mydiyol.blogspot.com/2017/12/christmas-2017-diy-weihnachtsdorf.html
    and
    https://mydiyol.blogspot.com/2017/12/diy-der-clou-vom-weihnachtsdorf.html

    many grretings
    Uwe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, they look so awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the rustic goodness about this. Featuring when my party opens tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for sharing at TheThriftyHome.com December 2019 Penny Pinching Party

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...