Monday, November 27, 2017

You Crackle Me Up!


I've been so excited to try out Dixie Belle's new Crackle & finally found the perfect piece for it.
There was however a problem. The drawer stunk! It smelled like something climbed in there & died! Well, maybe not that bad, but bad nonetheless. 
 Luckily, Dixie Belle has a solution for that too. BOSS to the rescue! It blocks odors, as well as stains & prevents bleed through. It worked like a charm to block the smell in the drawer.
 I painted the entire table with the color Gravel Road.


 Once the paint was dry, I added the crackle. You have to be careful not to overwork it or it won't crack as much. 

 I let the crackle dry overnight, then painted the table with Manatee Gray.
 As the paint dries, it will start to crack.
 I love the result!
 The second problem with the table was that it didn't have a handle. I had one leftover from another project but it was the wrong color.
 So, I painted it.
 Midnight Sky was the perfect color to bring it all together.


 I may become obsessed with Crackle! 





Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Creations By Kara,  Rae Gun Ramblings,  The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Made In A Day, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest,  Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,   Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,  Homework,  I Gotta Create,  Thrifty 101,  Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill Ranch, Flutter Buster, Nap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam, Our Home Away From Home,  Remodelaholic, Flamingo Toes,  VMG206,  Finding Silver Pennies, A Stroll Thru Life, French Country Cottage, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, DIY-Crush, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro


7 comments:

  1. I like how that turned out! I have a sister who is crafty and decorated a small accent table for my mom with the crackle paint. It’s such an interesting product. I used to have quite a collection of scented candles that I grouped into the bottom of a server. After a while the smell was incredible. I hope that that product seals in the smell but if not I wonder if adding the scented candles will do anything for it. I like the handle you painted black- it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dixie Belle crackle medium worked great! Some of the other brands I've tried haven't worked as well for me. I will look for this and try it. For odors I wash the inside drawers with a bleach and Mrs Meyers Clean Day all purpose cleaner combination, leaving it to soak for a few hours and repeat if necessary. The finished table looks much better. Thanks for sharing!

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dixie Belle products but I haven't tried their crackle medium nor their BOSS. They've been added to my must have list. Love the table makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transformation and love the crackle finish. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that starts at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...