Saturday, February 25, 2023

Tobacco Basket Makeover

 I have never seen rectangular tobacco baskets before, & when I came across this unique shape & size I bought a few. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them but knew something would come to me. And, like so many ideas, this one came to me in the middle of the night. Luckily, I remembered it when I got up the next day!

The basket was unfinished so I stained it with Dixie Belle Paint Company's Voodoo Gel Stain in the color, Up In Smoke. The stain is water based so it makes for easy clean up.


I then painted a 4" x 12" canvas panel with the chalk mineral paint color, Vintage Duck Egg.

Once the canvas panel was dry, I used a brayer to add the color, Fluff, from Dixie Belle, to a decor stamp from re*Design With Prima.

While the paint was wet on the stamp, I stamped it onto the canvas panel. 

Next, I used the Cotton & Eucalyptus transfer from Dixie Belle to embellish the canvas panel further.

The transfer comes with 4 sheets & multiple designs. I started with a sprig of eucalyptus. I cut out the section that I wanted to use, removed the white backing, then used the tool included in the package to rub the transfer onto the canvas.


Then I added some cotton, overlapping it with the eucalyptus.


I glued the canvas panel to the center of the basket using E6000.

I formed some Spanish moss from the Dollar Tree into a nest, added some eggs, then glued it into the corner of the basket.


I'm excited to incorporate this piece into my Spring decor.




Linking To:

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Lynn at www.thefleamarketlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! So perfect for Spring and Easter. Happily featuring when my party opens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...