Sunday, June 21, 2020

Red, White, & BOHO, Part Two

Last week I shared a Patriotic BOHO style wooden star...
You can find the link to that post HERE.

When I found this cute little table, I knew that I wanted to cover the drawers with Caravans, the same transfer from Re*design With Prima, that I used on the star. And, I had plenty left over from that project.
 I knew I might be facing a problem! The legs were wrapped in yarn at the bottom. Why would you do that? Are you trying to hide something?
 They were absolutely hiding something! I removed the yarn, only to find electrical tape...
 I removed the electrical tape, only to find double sided, thick tape. I removed that to find that some of the legs were badly damaged. I took the easy way out in fixing them by just cutting off the damaged part.
 I painted the table with the color Honky Tonk Red from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.
 I ran into another little problem.
The knobs on the drawers were glued on so I couldn't remove them to add the transfer. My daughter had the great idea to use a hole punch, then cut an X to make the hole fit over the knobs.
Once I had cut the transfer to the size of the drawer fronts, to find exactly where the holes should go, I painted the knobs with the color, Fluff, and while they were wet, I lined up the transfer with the drawer, & let the wet paint make a mark on the transfer. 
 The transfer went perfectly over the knobs!


 And, there's nothing to hide...
no yarn needed to cover something up!






Linking To:

6 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I thought the duct tape was bad enough but the 3M double sided tape squares had me laughing out loud. You did this table proud, Virginia, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job and great hints. I would have taken a lot longer making newspaper templates--or sawed the knobs off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love your perseverance. My Nana used to say that necessity is the mother of invention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to feature this piece this week to go w/ the star from last week! Love how it turned out and your persistence in getting through all of the surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks nice, great job! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 20 for All Things American (red, white, and blue), open until July 25. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of patriotic boho! You did such a wonderfully gorgeous makeover on that table, and it looks amazing with the chair! I'd love to invite you to share this and any of your other fabulous creations at the Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party at SewCraftyCrochet.com! I hope to see you there!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...