Tuesday, February 12, 2019

DIY Phone Case

 Can't find a phone case you like? Make your own!
This is a simple way to transform a plain phone case into something beautiful.

I have a package of rub on image transfers called, Parisian Butterflies, from Re*design With Prima. The package contains one sheet with butterflies, one sheet with birds & twigs, & two sheets with writing.
 I picked out a section of writing and cut it to fit on the case.
 I removed the white backing, placed the design on the phone case, & rubbed over the plastic sheet with the stick that comes in the package.
 Then I peeled up the plastic top sheet. I went very slow to make sure all the design  had stuck to the case. If it started to peel up, I laid the sheet back down and rubbed until the design adhered.
 I cut out a pretty bird from the sheet that had birds & twigs and added it to the case.

 I sealed the case with 2 coats of Mod Podge and then a coat of Dixie Belle's Gator Hide.
Here are a few coasters I made using the same technique with transfers from the same package. 
The coasters are stone and I gave them a coat of Slick Stick and a coat of white paint, both from Dixie Belle, before adding the transfers.


There are plenty more birds, butterflies, & writing left in the package. I just have to decide what I want to transform next!


Linking To:
Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun RamblingsChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet HomeHave A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk InteriorsDIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal CharmSugar Bee CraftsFlour Me With Love,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo Toes Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsOur Hopeful Home, My Thrift Store AddictionThe Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro, Worthing Court, Confessions Of A Plate Addict, My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia, Dabbling And Decorating


4 comments:

  1. Oh this is so happening on my phone! Love me some transfers on furniture but never thought to dress up my phone too. LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -what a great idea and one that I am going to share with my friends. This is a frugal idea that is very crafty as well thanks for sharing
    come see usa at http;//shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made a DIY phone case in a while -- this one's fabulous! Love that peacock and the colors. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Pinned!
    xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love everything about this. Featuring when my party opens! Thank you for sharing at last week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...