Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Teamwork Makes The Artwork



We built our house 11 years ago and over the last few months, I've been in the process of starting to change things. I'm in the middle of a makeover in my formal dining room and I painted the furniture (there will be a post soon about that). Once I started painting the furniture, I decided that the brown walls had to go. The brown walls also went out into the foyer, so both rooms had to be painted. One thing leads to another so some of the artwork had to go too! I couldn't find anything that I liked for over my piano, so my son and daughter helped me make the perfect piece.

 I took a trip to my home improvement store and bought 1" x 6" boards, as well as 1" x 2" boards. My son cut the 1" x 6"s to the right length and I painted them with the color Fluff from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.

He cut the 1" x 2"s to frame out the 1" x 6"s and I stained them with VooDoo Gel Stain in the color Tobacco Road. I love the VooDoo stain because it's water based and the clean up is easy.
 Once I painted and stained the wood, my son used a nail gun to put them together.

 My daughter and I then added a Re*design With Prima image. 

 All you have to do is rub it on with the stick that is provided in the package.

 This has got to be the easiest artwork I've ever created. My son had the hard part, so he may not agree. And, it's perfect for my freshly painted walls!





 From what I have found (thank you Google) the translation from French to English is...
Drinking wine is an integral part of life as eating food.


Linking To:
Coastal CharmGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun RamblingsMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk InteriorsDIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo Toes Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsOur Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro, Worthing Court, Confessions Of A Plate Addict, My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia, Dabbling And Decorating


8 comments:

  1. Oh I just luv this sign. I'd luv for your to share it with us at Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday, which runs thru Mondays. It' so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sign is perfect above your piano. Like how you framed it out with stained wood. Your wall color is so pretty, do you mind me askiing what color it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a wonderful work of art! You have such great ideas and know how to make them happen. Love the new wall color and your wood floors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You really hit a home run with this one. It's the perfect piece for that wall, especially above the piano. Your new wall color is fabulous (I did gray with white trim as well.) You must be ecstatic! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely gorgeous Virginia! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGorgeous (as always!). Looks like it could have been found in a Paris flea market and of course featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out fabulous. I'm going to go look around to see some of your last posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project, Virginia! It's so nice that your son and daughter enjoyed helping create it. So easy and it turned out great!!! In our next house I'll have to remember this for a kitchen wall. Pinned to several boards for you and our readers. Thanks! <3

    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...