Thursday, July 5, 2018

Record Cabinet Makeover

Gone are the days of turntables and record albums. If they are before your time, you will never know the sound of clicks and pops that went along with your favorite music.
There was even a time when homes had beautiful furniture to store their records.
 I love the lines of this old record cabinet. 
I know there are a lot of people that don't believe in painting wood. However, the wood on this piece had some issues.
 I filled the holes with Swamp Mud, let it dry, then sanded it smooth. 

 The Dixie Belle Paint Company has a beautiful new color called Farmhouse Green. Besides being pretty, I love it because it's the color of the cabinets in the house that I grew up in.
 I painted the cabinet with the Farmhouse Green, however, I left the drawer natural. Unlike the rest of the cabinet, it was in perfect condition.
 Once the cabinet was painted, I added Van Dyke Glaze.
 I then added a re*design with Prima transfer to the front.


 And, since it was a record cabinet, I added sheet music to the inside of the drawer.



 This cabinet will most likely never be used for albums again. I can see it in a bathroom to hold towels. Or, in a dining room to hold linens. What would you use it for?




Linking To:
Coastal CharmGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun RamblingsMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk InteriorsDIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo Toes Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsOur Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro, Worthing Court, Confessions Of A Plate Addict, My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia


18 comments:

  1. Shall I say great minds? I just redid a record cabinet that was probably made in the 60's or 70's and used Dixie Belle paint. Your cabinet is so lovely. I love all of the details that you thought of. Pinned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra! I just popped over to see your record cabinet and you did a great job!

      Delete
  2. Oh I like that make over, I would hide some of my favorite dishes in it from time to time and in the drawer some of my pearl handled flatware

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are so many great ways to use this old cabinet!

      Delete
  3. Sweet makeover Virginia! Love the color. Oh, those were the days of records and 8 tracks! :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw cabinet like that at Habitat thrift shop in Glenwood Springs, CO. Had been redone for sale, oh to be rich instead of on SS,lol. They had so many wonderful pieces, not inexpensive however. Can remember my parents having record cabinet with Victrola on top. They sold it before we left Cleveland, OH to move to Tucson in 1950.

    You did incredible job on record cabinet, looks gorgeous. That wood is breath taking on the drawer.
    Have great new week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's too bad your parents sold their record cabinet. I hope it is being well loved by another family.

      Delete
  5. You did a great job honoring the character and history of the music cabinet in your makeover. We actually have one that is identical (except parents cut off legs, argh). Ours has always stored cds (oddly enough for a musci cabidnet)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning transformation! My favorite part is the music in the drawer! We would love for you to come link up for Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday over at R&R at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my another gorgeous transformation and featuring when my party opens tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The bathroom is a great place for it. Or a bedside table! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Pinned! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. شركة شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام افضل شركة رائدة في مجال التنظيف شركتنا هي الاولى في محركات البحث العالمية والمحلية اذا كنت تبحث عن افضل شركة تنظيف فلابد ان يكون اختيارك على اساس صحيح حتى لاتندم بعد ذلك بسبب تواجد خسائر مادية ان في غنى عنها .
    عزيزي العميل لا بد ان تكون حريص في اختيارك لافضل شركة تنظيف بالجبيل تمثلك لك الخدمة المراد تنفيذها حتى تتم على اكمل وجه بدون اي اتلاف في اي غض من اغرضا المنزل .
    لذا شركتنا شركة شاهه المثالية افضل وارخص شركة متواجدة حاليا في المنطقة الشرقية لاننا حريصين كل الحرص على ارضاء العملاء والعمل على تنفيذ مهام عملنا على اكمل وجه .
    لذا ننصحك دائما بالبحث عنا والاتصال بنا وسوف يقوم احد ممثلي خدمة العملاء بالرد عليكم .
    الخدمة متاحة طوال ايام الاسبوع وعلى مدار 24 ساع لا تترددوا في التواصل معنا نحن شركة شاه المثالية اسم يعني ثقة .
    0536968703

    ReplyDelete
  10. شركة واحة الخليج بجدة ومكة ورابغ والطائف الشركة الأولى والأفضل في خدمات نقل العفش بجدة اذا كنت تريد الحفاظ على الاثاث الخاص بك فلا بد من ان تتصل على الفور على الرقم التالي 0555583146 رقم شركتنا اولى شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بجدة
    لدينا افضل العمالة الماهرة والمدربة على نقل العفش بدون حدوق اي خسائر للعميل كل مايهمنا هو ارضاء العملاء وكسب ثقتهم لا تترددوا في التواصل معنا
    من اهم خدماتنا :
    افضل شركة نقل اثاث رخيص برابغ
    شركات نقل عفش برابغ
    شركة نقل عفش برابغ عمالة فلينيية

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my another gorgeous transformation and featuring when my party opens tonight. Prateek

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...