Wednesday, October 18, 2017

For The Love Of Green


We've just returned from our third trip to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. The lush green countryside is so beautiful that I thought it the perfect time to highlight the color green with some furniture makeovers.

The Dixie Belle Paint Company has some beautiful greens!
Let's start with Tree Frog...
I bought this table at an auction. I loved the carved detail on the top. It was covered in different colors of paint. I imagined that it had sat next to an easel holding paints while an artist was at work.
 As much as I loved the splatters and droppings of paint, I decided it would be better served with a fresh coat of Tree Frog...
 The carved detail on top was perfect for adding glaze...
I chose the glaze color Van Dyke to highlight the detail...
Tree Frog is a bright green that may not be for everyone, but I love it!

Dixie Belle's newest green is call Evergreen...

 When I bought this table I knew that Evergreen would be perfect!

For this piece I decided to use Dixie Belle's dark brown wax rather than glaze...


One of the handles was a little worn, so I added a little rub n buff...




Evergreen is going to be my new "go to" green!



And finally, Kudzu.
If you live in the South, then you know that kudzu is not something that you want. That is, unless it is in the form of this beautiful paint color.
This chair was ok, but a little boring and a little scratched. There was even a little orange peeking through.


Kudzu is great if it engulfs a chair and not your yard!

So, if you are looking for the perfect green for your next paint project, you can't go wrong with any of these 3 greens from the Dixie Belle Paint Company!


Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Made In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro


10 comments:

  1. This green is now my go to green. Thanks for sharing it, because I love the way it turned out on each piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green! Looks like the Dixie Belle Paint company makes some marvelous greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the greens and well Dixie Belle paint is one of my go to paints. All of your pieces look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green is my favorite color...I've pinned this :) I LOVE Ireland too - love that you took inspiration from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried Dixie Belle paint, but they sure have some pretty greens. Thanks for sharing, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really fun greens Virginia! I'm jealous that you have been to Ireland three times. Hoping to get there some day. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! I have a Green Pinterest board so I am pinning away!

    Amber followtheyellowbrickhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That side table is just perfect! I also like the kudzu chair, so pretty! I thoroughly enjoyed your Ireland trip on Instagram, it was so much fun to see all the places you went! Clearly, I need to go back lol Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! Pinned! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...