Monday, May 9, 2016

The Preppy Elephant

I was recently in an antique mall where an interior designer has a booth where she sells scrap and sample fabrics. She had this pink and green sample for sale for only $1. I knew it was the perfect size to cover a chair seat.It reminded of my college days in the early 80's and the preppy style.

Then, I came across this piano bench. Another bargain at $8.75.

I knew that I could give the base of the bench a fresh coat of white paint and it would go with the fabric. But, I was hoping that I could use Limeade from The Dixie Belle Paint Company. I was thrilled when it matched perfectly!


A match made in preppy heaven!


11 comments:

  1. Wow that was a great find. Love the look- fun and colorful and I love elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a match made in heaven - love everything about this piano bench makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that turned out so fun and sweet! Great makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bench is 2 CUTE! Love the fabric and paint match. Sometimes, these smaller projects are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bench is 2 CUTE! Love the fabric and paint match. Sometimes, these smaller projects are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color Virginia! The fabric and paint match perfectly. Cute, cute!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors!! I love all shades of green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the transformation. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your cute little bench with SYC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you transformed the bench. I will be featuring this tonight at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Featuring when my party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...