Saturday, January 13, 2024

Faux Tin Valentine Art

 The Christmas decorations are down & the winter decorations are up. But it's almost time to switch over to the Valentine decorations.

I love decorating for every season & holiday.  And, I like to create something new to add to the mix every year. This year, I'm adding this faux tin art.

To make it, I first painted an 8" x 8" wooden canvas panel with the color, Cotton, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company. Once the paint was dry, I used a brayer to add the color, Caviar, to a decor stamp from Re*design with Prima, & added the design to the canvas.


I also added a leaf & rose design to the canvas.




For the faux tin, I used peel & stick tiles from the Dollar Tree. These are so easy to work with & the possibilities are endless. You can't browse Pinterest without seeing a multitude of projects using them.

The tiles are 12" x 12" & since my canvas was only 8", I cut out a quarter of the tile. They easily cut with scissors.

I drew half of a heart on one side of the tile, folded it in half, then cut along the lines I drew.


I painted the heart with the color, Honky Tonk Red.

I let the paint dry completely, then used a damp rag to wipe away the paint from the high spots to give the heart a worn look.



This highlights the detail on the "tin".

I glued the heart to the canvas using tacky glue.

I used tacky glue to adhere twine around the heart to hide the uneven edges.

I'm excited to decorate for Valentine's Day & have something new to add to my decor.






Linking To:

9 comments:

  1. I love spending time in antique and vintage stores. Just seeing what I could find and then using it to decorate home. Thanks for sharing your post come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Congrats on the feature at the Spark link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Hopping over from your feature at Pieced Pastime. This is such a wonderful project! I've been playing with doodles on red watercolor hearts, hoping to make a sort of collage with them. My struggle though has been choosing a background. Yours is PERFECT for my project, too! I have plenty of stamps to creat something similar. THANK YOU for sharing your technique! -Marci @ Old Rock Farmhouse & Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention I'm sharing this on FB. -Marci @ Old Rock Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out great. You layered beautifully adding so much texture. I have so many stamps and you made me want to break them out & start playing. lol. Thanks for the inspo. Pinning. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors, layers, and textures on this Valentine's heart. It turned out beautifully. I'm just sorry I only found your post after Valentine's Day. But then again something so lovely should stay up all year around IMHO. Now I just need to find some of those tiles here in South Africa. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...