Friday, January 20, 2023

A Barrel Of Fun

 I love when I get to do a project that is out of the ordinary. So, when a friend called me about giving a makeover to a wine barrel her husband brought home from a North Georgia winery, I was excited. 

I used a chip brush to stain the wood with Dixie Belle Paint Company's No Pain Gel Stain in the color Walnut. I love this stain! It is the consistency of pudding, so it's not as messy as traditional stains... no drips.

It covered beautifully with just one coat.



Did you know that Kramer's Best Antique Improver will remove rust? It does. So I used it to remove the rust on the metal bands around the barrel.

I added Dixie Belle's Silver Gilding Wax to the metal bands to brighten them up & cover any discoloration.


After letting the stain cure for several days, I sealed it with tung oil.


This project really was a barrel of fun!





Linking To:

3 comments:

  1. Well done! Wouldn't it be fun to see the wine brand logo on the front of this barrel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great. Looks perfect in the garden too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...