Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Blooming Jars

I save a lot of things that I plan on recycling into art. Unfortunately, these items sometimes sit around for so long that they end up getting thrown out. But, when I bought a pile of wood at an estate sale recently, I knew some of it would be the perfect match for something I had been holding on to.

I dry brushed three of the pieces of wood with white paint...

Then I painted a flower on each one...


What had I been saving to recycle into art, you ask? Jars! 
Jars that I had used to mix chalk paint.
I removed the lids of the jars, still covered in dried paint, and glued them to the centers of the flowers...



Then I used clean jar lid rings and screwed one onto each board...
then screwed the jars filled with dried paint onto the ring...

For the stems of the flowers, I used old paint brushes...





Art made from recycled art supplies!


Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Creations By Kara,  Rae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three,  The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven Alive,  Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest,  Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Truly Lovely,  The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,   Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,  Homework, Kammy's Korner,  I Gotta Create,  Thrifty 101,  Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home, Adorned From Above,  Cedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam,  House Of Hoff,  Our Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo Toes,  VMG206,  Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy,  Gingerly Made,  Pink When,  Minnette's Maze,  Made To Be A Momma,  Start At Home,  Lil Mrs Tori,  Homecoming,  The Vintage Farmhouse,  Pink Recipe Box,  Sweet Haute,  Table For Seven,  Be Betsy,  It Happens In A Blink,  One Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru Life,  A Bright And Beautiful Life,  Crafty Goodies,  Live Love Create,  The Koenigs Create,  Bloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill,


Photobucket/

17 comments:

  1. Now these are just TOO adorable!! I love the use of the paint brushes, looks great on the old wood.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now these are just TOO adorable!! I love the use of the paint brushes, looks great on the old wood.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, love the colors you used. muted, but still incredibly pretty.
    enjoy them!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always...very clever! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always...very clever! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool!! I love it! And so summery! I thought you might be hanging them outside, but now they add a huge amount of cheeriness to your home. Visiting from Saturday Sparks. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Screwing the lids onto the wood, then the jars into the lids = geeeeenius! Love your cool recycled triptych, such a great result with wonderful muted colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is one heck of a genious idea to recycle old brushes and paint/jars/wood. And you made it all look so durned adorable, one of a kind. I never fail to be blown away by all the talent out there in blog land. It's fantastic. Wish I was so talented but it's sure fun to look at it all. Happy week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your painting, they are absolutely adorable, what a clever and
    unique idea...................makes for a fun wall for sure.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my word I love this!!! How super creative, Miss Artsy Va Va. :) Thanks for sharing on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday - THIS is what the party is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, Love, Love! This is such a fun idea! Thank you for sharing with us at Brag About It! Please join us again next week, because I will be featuring your post! Party starts Monday at midnight!
    Have a great week!
    ~Laurie
    www.myhusbandhastoomanyhobbies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea Virginia! Very creative!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I'm visiting from What's it Wednesday. Your jars are so beautiful. I love had made items. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...