Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Spring Into Christmas

While on a recent junking trip,
I came across a bin full of old bed springs.
 Not knowing what I would do with them,
I went ahead and bought 3.
They would have been cute with some small pumpkins sitting on top of them, but I was thinking about Christmas!

So, I picked up some candles at the Dollar Store...
they came 2 to a box so each candle was only 50cents!
I placed a candle inside each spring.
They wouldn't stand up straight, so I cut some fabric into strips, wrapped it around the candle and tied it to the spring.

 Now we are ready to spring forward into Christmas!


And, while I was at the Dollar Store,
I bought 3 vases.
I covered them using Christmas napkins that I had
 leftover from last year.
Then I added a row of buttons to cover the edge.
I used the same technique that I shared
 when I covered these jars...

You can see that post HERE.

Do you shop at the Dollar Store?
You should... they have great items to craft with.
And no one paid me to say that (unfortunately)!

Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Happy Hour Projects, Joyful Stamper, Chic On a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Blissful Bucket List, Ladybird Lane, Simply Sweet Home, One Artsy Mama, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie Too, A Little Knick Knack,  House of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters' Stuff, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty Blissful & Domestic, Nap Time Crafters, A Vision To Remember, To Sew With Love, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Etcetorize, DIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated HouseLines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, The Farmhouse Porch, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Natural Mothers Network, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101, Craftionary, 5 Days 5 Ways Lamb Around Domestically Speaking, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, The Kurtz Corner, Fine Craft Guild Katies Nesting Spot, Hubby Made Me, The Thriftiness Miss, Homespun HappeningsC.R.A.F.T.,  Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Sugar and Dots,  Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight,   If It's Not Baroque,  Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamPJH DesignsHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending LessMiss Mustard Seed, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesAshley's Dandelion WishesFrench Country CottageMad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With LoveObsessive And CreativeA Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies,  

38 comments:

  1. Cute bed spring idea(I have about 40) and those napkin glasses and jars are very pretty. I am a DOLLAR STORE GAL!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and rustic way to use those springs...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 your candles! The ribbon is perfect too:) Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny because I too picked up three rusty springs a few weeks ago. I haven't dressed mine up yet. I love your idea and think I will have to copycat! I was thinking of hitting Ikea for their little crystal candleholders (I think they are like 99 cents) to keep the candles upright.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. **love** the bed springs and Love that you linked up!!! beautiful projects. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to get my hands on some bed springs! The rustier the better! Very cute, easy idea with the candles! Visiting from What's It Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative . . . I love how your brain works :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You truly have the gift of creative vision! I walked by those same vases and glasses....and saw vases and glasses! I love your crafty transformations! Kim @ Exquisitely Unremarkable

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for bedsprings! I'll have to keep my eye out for some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both the springs and the vases. As for the Dollar Store? I try to avoid it - I NEVER spend just one dollar. All those dollars add up fast. It is amusing in one of our stores. When a customer asks how much something is, everyone in the store shouts "One dollar!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mixing old junky pieces with modern. Such a fun mix. That's great for a Christmas idea.
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute Virginia. I love the ticking! Old rusty bed springs are so fun and can be used in so many ways. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful! Now I have to find some old bedsprings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! I am in love with those bedspring candles! The cuteness and simplicity are awesome! Need some!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome! What a great idea for an easy upcycle!
    So happy you shared with my Pink Hippo party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! I love the mix of red and rust!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever way to use your bed springs. They look so cute with candles resting in them. Would you be willing to share this post and any of your other great ones at our Making Monday link party? We would love it and think our readers will, too. Thanks. Have a fantastic day. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-14/

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I just wanted to let you know that we are featuring this Spring Into Christmas post at our Making Monday Features. Come take a look ~ thanks for linking up. :) Happy Thanksgiving. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-features/

      Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
      www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

      Delete
  18. I love the bedsprings! Thanks so much for linking up to The DIY'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bed springs! I just featured them on my blog: http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/2013/11/check-me-out-saturday-craft-link-party_18.html

    Thanks for stopping by and entering your link on Check Me Out Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a unique idea!! I love these candle holders! We'll be featuring them over at Someday Crafts tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea. The ribbon to hold up the candle gives it that little extra punch. You've been featured today at Gingerly Made. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/11/show-tell-features_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the candle holders!

    Pam
    www pjstreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, I love the bed springs, they are just the cutest and so are the jars. How fun. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this idea!! I could have scored some bed springs at a local Flea market but I didn't. Sure wish I would have now. I'm gonna pin this one to our board. Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the candles in the springs! I have tons of these and have not been able to figure out what to do with them. Now I have an idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are totally amazing! You are always creating the most unique and fabulous things!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such cute ideas! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these! I featured them on this week's Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2013/11/pink-hippo-party-four.html
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  29. We love these and so great to use throughout the year - just change up with ribbon, etc. - great idea!

    We've featured your post on BeBetsy Brag About It No. 31. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!

    Best to you,
    Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for linking up at the Block Party! I'm featuring your great project this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was thinking of hitting Ikea for their little crystal candleholders (I think they are ... hcrystalcandle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...