Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin Crate


I found this crate at the Goodwill for $2.92. I have been finding quite a lot of great small items there lately. I go in looking for a big project and come out with lots of little things!


The crate was in really good condition except for a couple of water spots. I gave it a wash of off white acrylic paint...I just used a wet paper towel and dipped it right into the paint and wiped it onto the crate.
Then I filled it with some straw packing material that I had (free) and some cute pumpkins that I have had for years (so I consider them free).
It turned out really cute and makes for an inexpensive Fall decor item!







4 comments:

  1. I love this!! I have been seeing so many crates in the magazines lately. They must be a popular thing with year.

    I agree, I wish I knew about Sherry's homemade chalk paint before I spent the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Goodwill and I love crates! How fun!
    Thank you for popping by!
    Kerry from housetalkn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have a couple of crates I'm not using - I'm going to give it a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Gotta love a Goodwill find like that. I like the acrylic wash, and the pumpkins are beautiful.

    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...