Monday, September 14, 2020

Hello Fall

 

It's hard to think about Fall when it's 90 degrees out, but a girl can dream! And, I'm in full Fall decorating mode.

This Fall sign was so much fun to create... and easy!

A while back I shared a kitchen conversion sign that I made using a wood blank & wood mason jar from Signopoly...


I had more of the blanks & jars, so I came up with another cute use for them for my Fall decorating.

I painted the wood blank with the color Colonel Mustard from the Dixie Belle Paint Company. This will be the color of my letters.

I painted the mason jar with the color, Buttercream, then added a little detail with the color, Coffee Bean...

I cut out the words, hello Fall, in vinyl using my Cricut Maker...
I place the vinyl on the painted board, then painted over the entire board with the color, Coffee Bean. It took 2 coats for good coverage.
Once the paint was dry, I peeled up the vinyl to reveal the letters...


I used faux leaves from a Fall garland that I bought at Michael's. It was less expensive than buying stems & you get a lot more leaves. Plus, Fall items are already 40% off!

After gluing the mason jar onto the board using E6000, I  cut leaves from the garland & glued them on with tacky glue. I only put a dot of glue at the base of the leaves & at the tip of the leaf so they would remain 3D. I let some of the leaves overlap the top of the jar & secured with tacky glue. I had to place something heavy on the leaves to hold them in place until the glue dried.






A perfect new addition to my Fall decor...

Linking To:

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! It feels like fall in Central NY - chilly mornings, mid 60's days!! Feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute fall sign! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Visiting today from the Friday Favorites link up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the 3-D idea and the punch of color! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...