Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Scrap Wood DIY

I had so much fun making these little houses at Christmas...
I was sad to pack them away until next winter, so I made one I can keep out all year.

We always have scrap wood, so I drew off my little house on a 2x4 and my husband cut it for me. 
After I sanded, I painted it with the color, Fluff, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.
 I added some bakers twine to the block using tacky glue...
 I cut triangles out of scrapbook paper and glued them under the twine...


 I used my Crisut Maker to design and cut a phrase using vinyl and added it to the house... 

 I cut pieces of veneer to create the doors and windows. I used a damp rag to wash color onto them, and used a tiny brush to add some detail.




 When a friend wanted to have a craft night for her birthday, I knew this would be the perfect project. I love all the different colors.

I have a few extra blocks and have an art project swirling around in my head that I'm excited to start. I'll be sharing that soon!



Linking To:

4 comments:

  1. Those are so sweet! I love little pretend houses of all kinds, but these look so simple to make. Gotta find some scrap wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ADORABLE are these and such a great craft party idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun idea for a DIY! :)

    Blessings,
    Edye / Gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you went all out on those.they are so cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...