Friday, November 17, 2017

From Headboard To Chalkboard

When we loaded this yard sale headboard into the truck, my husband saw junk. I, however, saw an awesome chalkboard in the making!
I enlisted the help of my son to cut off the legs. Then I filled in the holes where the bed rails would go with Swamp Mud.

I let the Swamp Mud dry overnight then sanded it smooth. Then I gave the headboard a fresh coat of Dixie Belle Paint using the color Drop Cloth.
We traced around the headboard onto a piece of plywood.
Then we used a jigsaw to cut between the lines. I went as far as I could reach then handed the saw over to my son to finish the job!


I painted the plywood with 3 coats of Midnight Sky.
I then conditioned the chalkboard by rubbing the side of a piece of chalk over the board, then wiped it clean. This makes it where you won't leave behind a shadow of what you've previously written on the board.
The chalkboard was attached to the headboard with nails.


It will be fun to change the chalkboard for each season.


The chalkboard is perfect on my mantel, but do I keep it or let it go? Decisions, decisions!


Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Made In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro


11 comments:

  1. Wow. It looks beautiful. Thank you for linking up to More The Merrier Monday.

    Jamie
    http://diyhsh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the transformation. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it turned out Virginia! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, Virginia - love how you'll be able to change it out for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...