Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Cotton Pickin' Cute


I don't know about other parts of the country, but here in the South, just about every shop you go in sells cotton. Cotton wreaths, cotton garland, cotton stems, individual cotton bolls, all are abundant!
For this project, I used 3 of the individual cotton bolls.

I used a 1 x 9 x 14 inch piece of wood to make the sign. And, since there's a Southern theme going on, I used the color Muscadine Wine from the Dixie Belle Paint Company to paint the wood.

While the paint was drying, I picked a font I wanted to use and printed out the words, cotton pickin' cute.

I used the side of a piece of chalk to rub over the back of the paper.

I taped the paper onto the board and used a pencil to trace around the letters to transfer them onto the board.


Then I used a small brush to fill in the letters.

An acrylic frame could be glued onto the board, but I used Velcro so the the frame can easily be change from portrait to landscape.



With the frame in the portrait position I decided where the cotton should be placed, then glued it on with E6000.


I think it turned out pretty cotton pickin' cute!




Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings,  Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru LifeBloom Designs,French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Charm Bracelet Diva, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge


4 comments:

  1. clever - this would make such a cute gift! You come up with some great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole cotton as decor idea even though I'm from the northeast and now live in the midwest. I actually DIYed my own cotton stems (they can be so expensive). Great choice of paint color! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cotton everywhere here too, and I love it! Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...