Friday, March 24, 2017

Nesting

Back before Christmas, my friend, Bebe, created winter scenes in a couple of old gumball machines. They were adorable! So when I saw this metal gumball machine at a thrift store, I bought it thinking I would save it for next Christmas.
But, I decided, why wait for Christmas? 
I wasn't in love with the lime green, so I painted the green metal with Dixie Belle Mineral Chalk Paint in the color Vintage Duck Egg. 
Dixie Belle paint will adhere to any surface with no prep work! They advertise it as being easy peasy, and they're right!

After 2 coats of paint, I opened up the gumball machine and placed a nest inside that I made using straw packing materials. Then I placed 3 faux eggs into the nest. After all, it is officially Spring and the birds are busy building their nests



I'm going to enjoy my gumball nesting machine through summer. And, just maybe, I'll change it up for Christmas when the time comes.



Pin It

If you're ever in the cute little town of Senoia, Georgia, go visit my friend, Bebe at her store, The Good Junk Company!

Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings,  Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru LifeBloom Designs,French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Charm Bracelet Diva,


10 comments:

  1. Yes, you see these decorated for the holidays all the time but I'm loving the idea of using it for other holidays as well. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! What a great idea!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! This is absolutely adorable. Now I want a beautiful old gumball machine too!! Thanks for sharing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable and unique! I never would have thought to add a scene in a gum ball machine! I love your sweet eggs and nest! Sweet. Pinned! XO - Wendi@H2OBungalow

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun! Delighted to have discovered you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's totally adorable! Adding to my Pinterest queue. I'd love for you to join our link up To Grandmas House We Go. It opens Tuesday nights around 11pm ET.
    http://abbottsathome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with everything about this. The gumball machine, the color, the nest! Beautiful and featuring when my party opens tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the gumball machine and nest of eggs. I especially like that you placed them next to dried blue hydrangea, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Virginia. I love the color that you painted the machine and the nest is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also have a couple gumball machines I had planned to make a winter scene inside but now am rethinking it. This spring nest one Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...