Monday, August 17, 2015

Welcome To Kev's Cove

This is one of my husband's and my favorite places in the world!
It's our very own getaway, right in the back yard. There's no official name for it, but I like to call it Kev's Cove.

 For Father's Day this year I made my husband this sign... 
Remember the stack of wood I bought at an estate sale a couple of months ago? 
I hand painted, Welcome To Kev's Cove, on one of the boards.
A friend had given me this wooden fish...
I painted it with the color, Burlap, from The Dixie Belle Paint Company...

After I added dark glaze to the fish I screwed it onto the board. 
To attach it to the dock, we added a board across the 2 first posts on the dock...
Then the sign was attached to the board with L brackets...


Grab a fishing pole and a bottle of wine,
 and I'll meet you at Kev's Cove!




Pin It


Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Creations By Kara,  Rae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three,  The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven Alive,  Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest,  Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Truly Lovely,  The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,   Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,  Homework, Kammy's Korner,  I Gotta Create,  Thrifty 101,  Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home, Adorned From Above,  Cedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam,  House Of Hoff,  Our Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo Toes,  VMG206,  Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy,  Gingerly Made,  Pink When,  Minnette's Maze,  Made To Be A Momma,  Start At Home,  Lil Mrs Tori,  Homecoming,  The Vintage Farmhouse,  Pink Recipe Box,  Sweet Haute,  Table For Seven,  Be Betsy,  It Happens In A Blink,  One Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru Life,  A Bright And Beautiful Life,  Crafty Goodies,  Live Love Create,  The Koenigs Create,  Bloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill, Friday's Furniture Fix


Photobucket/

11 comments:

  1. Love your sign and your beautiful water view! Bet your husband was thrilled. Do you ever see snakes at the lake? Great pictures, too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful view you have there!! You're very blessed. Great job on the sign. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful place and the sign is perfect! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the classy makeover of the fish, and wish I could make lettered signs look so good! Oh how I envy your wonderful getaway spot, you lucky duckies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gift and it looks perfect at the dock. Lucky you to have such a beautiful back yard. Hope you do make it to the show in a few weeks.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pictures visiting from Carolyn's homework.

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://artsyvava.blogspot.com/2015/08/childs-chaise-lounge-makeover.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...