Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Go Green

This table started out gold & gaudy!
It was actually spray painted metallic gold! WHY?!!!
Lucky for me, no one else wanted it, 
so I got it for only $5 at auction.

We all know that paint changes everything!
So, I picked Bayberry Green for the transformation.


If you've used milk paint,
 you know it does that cool chippy thing.
And, even though I didn't like the gold, 
I thought it might be cool to have a little of 
it showing through.
But, in this case, the milk paint didn't chip.
I decided that the table could use another coat of the green, so before I added another coat, I waxed the table.
After I added another coat of green, 
the magic started to happen...


I also sanded a little around the edges...

From gold & gaudy
to
green & gorgeous!




Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie TooHouse of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-ManiacDIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated HouseLines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Lamb Around Domestically SpeakingThe Kurtz Corner,     C.R.A.F.T.,  Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Sugar and Dots,  Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love Create,  

7 comments:

  1. Definitely better green!! So the waxing in between coats made the milk paint chip? I'd say you totally scored and now you have a great table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. I haven't tried the milk paint yet....I'm waiting for the perfect moment I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makeover! I haven't tried the milk paint, but my dil has and I loved the results. Next makeover, what ever it might be; I hope to try it. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, your makeover has made it so much fresher and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen quite a few cork key chains on the web and decided I would make some. After all, I have NO shortage of corks. Most of th...Web Design Company In Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...