Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Panoramic Sugar Easter Eggs

At Easter, when I was a little girl, I would get a panoramic Easter egg made of sugar in my Easter basket. They were so beautiful!

So, I was thrilled when Miss Sue, from my home town, wanted to come and teach me how to make them. She has been making panoramic eggs for 30 years. She has passed the tradition along to her daughter-in-law, my friend, Debbie, who helped with the lesson.
Debbie & Miss Sue

I invited a few friends over and we had so much fun making eggs.
We were all a little nervous thinking it would be hard, but it wasn't!  Of all the times I would forget to take pictures...this is one of the worst!!! I completely forgot until we were almost finished!
Oh well...I guess we know what one of the Easter tutorials will be next year (if I can remember to take pictures then)!

Anyway, Miss Sue and Debbie made the sugar molds ahead of time so all we had to do was decorate them. 
We added our objects to the inside to create our scene then put the eggs together and decorated the outside.

  Here, Tina is piping icing around the window.

 Barbara adds the finishing touches to her egg.

 Cindy adds pretties to the top.

And the reveal!
All of our eggs turned out so differently.
And all so beautiful!!!



Look how pretty the tops are...




Each egg has a different scene inside...




  The eggs can be stored and used year after year.
Miss Sue has some she made 20 years ago!!!
 

Thank you Miss Sue and Debbie for a fun day and for helping me renew a wonderful memory!
 
Pin It

Linking To:
 Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Fabric Bows & More, Ginger Snap Crafts, Beyond The Picket Fence, Primitive & Proper, Creations By KaraPrimp, Rae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants, The Artsy Girl ConnectionSeven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Happy Hour Projects, Joyful Stamper, Chic On a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Blissful Bucket List, Ladybird Lane, Simply Sweet Home, One Artsy Mama, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie Too, A Little Knick Knack, The Vintage Farmhouse, House of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters' Stuff, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty, Sassy Sites, Blissful & Domestic, Nap Time Crafters, Love Notes By Lauryn, Cherished Treasures, A Vision To Remember, Craft Envy, To Sew With Love, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Etcetorize, DIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House, Pinkapotamus, Lines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, The Farmhouse Porch, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Natural Mothers Network, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeLil' Luna, Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101, Craftionary, 5 Days 5 Ways Lamb Around Domestically Speaking, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, The Kurtz Corner, Fine Craft Guild Katies Nesting Spot, Hubby Made Me, The Thriftiness Miss, Homespun HappeningsCurb Alert,   It's Overflowing, C.R.A.F.T., The Sasse Life, Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Sugar and Dots, Sarahndipities, Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, DIY By Design, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Daisy Cottage Designs, Snappee Turtle, If It's Not Baroque, Sassy Little Lady, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, Life We Live 4, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam, Pieced Pastimes, PJH Designs, Housewife How Tos, 

53 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I remember these from my childhood as well I have always wanted to make these eggs. They are so beautiful! What a fun day! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I do remember those eggs, you would look inside and it would be like a whole different world..All the pictures are wonderful and I love the decorations, they look as though they were made by professionals...love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. These panoramic Easter eggs are gorgeous! I remember seeing these as a kid, however I never actually got one:( My daughter would love this, but I don't think she would want to eat it, she would want to keep it forever (smiles)! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog, I'm so glad you stopped by!

    Wishing you a Happy Easter,
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These eggs are so beautiful! They look so intricate and delicate, it's amazing that they can be such long time keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! What a wonderful way to get together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! I haven't seen these in a really long time! Each one turned out so beautifully! What a treasure to have this skill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made one of those as a project when I was in middle school. My mom still puts it out with the Easter decorations! :) Each of the ones you all did turned out so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! I wish I was there...I remember those eggs when I was young!! They are all so beautiful.
    Any chance of you coming to Canada???

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so sweet, and they are bring back a lot of fun Easter memories for me. Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this takes me back. My sister used to make these eggs for me every Easter, staying up after I'd gone to bed so she could surprise me. I never realized how much work they required. Now I need to send her an email thanking her!

    If you haven't already done so, please come join my How-To Tuesday link party. It would be great to have you join!

    http://housewifehowtos.com/linkage/link-party-2/htt-link-party-15-and-features/

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that Miss Sue is such a great teacher! All of the custom eggs are just lovely! And this is a wonderful craft to have to pass down to others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! You were the link before me at the Creative Juice link party! Just wanted to stop by to say hi! I remember these as a little girl too! I can't ever imagine being able to make them! I am so impressed! Keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved these eggs too, but I have never seen any with the tops decorated as beautifully as these. I just saw another site where the recipe was given for the sugar form. If I ever made them I'd come back here for finishing inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the idea of an Easter Egg Decorating party, something like a Christmas Cookie Exchange. Great idea. ~d

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just darling Virginia. I actually remember making one years ago. No longer have it though. Each egg is sweet. Thanks for sharing them with SYC. Happy Easter!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Virginia, These are adorable. I once had a neighbor who made and gave one to my daughter. I have always want to know how to make the. I have pinned this and I will be back for the tutorial next year.
    He Is Risen,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. Those eggs are so artistic..

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful memory for me. my grandmother made these each Easter for all the grandchildren. I wish I had saved one some how. All of yours turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These bring back so many memories!! We had these growing up. They are so fun to make! Thanks for the Blast from the Past! The are adorable! Happy Easter! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun. I used to get one of these every year - and I actually at mine. A beautiful decoration, and it looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there
    I just say WOOW :)
    HAPPY EASTER
    and do not miss...

    EASTER SHOW OFF

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are absolutely gorgeous, you are TRULY talented Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I remember these eggs from childhood. You all did a wonderful job creating your beautiful Easter eggs! They are perfect!

    So nice stopping by to visit with you.
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my this is bringing back memories. My mother and I made these many years ago. Love this post! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sweet! Well done to you and the other ladies because they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these, so beautiful! I remember these from my childhood, never had one of my own, but wanted one. I hope you do a tutorial sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow! Those turned out gorgeous! I was always jealous of my neighbor because she got them when we were kids and she'd say we were too poor. Lol
    I had completely forgotten about them until now. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am super impressed they look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a treat! They all turned out so beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful time! Blessings ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are gorgeous! My sister in law makes sugar eggs, too. You ladies are very talented!! Here's her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.165706883484350.47703.109304309124608&type=1.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely beautiful. I remember making those eggs many years ago. Yours are beautiful and the pictures of them are very well done. Thanks for sharing, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  32. These bring back such childhood memories!I forgot all about panoramic eggs! These are so beautiful. What an opportunity you had, to be able to learn how to make your own, from a pro! They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are amazing and beautiful! I'd love for you to share them at Mix it up Monday:

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2013/04/mix-it-up-monday.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. These brought back wonderful memories of the special eggs my piano teacher gave to each of her students every Easter. Your group did an amazing job and it looks like you had fun working together. I am visiting from Coastal Charm and am your newest follower. Please come and visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! Amazing and so beautiful! Seems like they would be so hard to make, but it looks like they really aren't and might be fun to make.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely love these! I shared them on my G+ page last week https://plus.google.com/u/0/117817204692458968636/posts. Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share! Hope I see you this week too! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those are amazing! So cute!! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party. I hope you come visit & link again.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I remember getting one once when I was little. The magic of it still sticks with me. Hope you'll get pics and share the how to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, what a fun day. I would love to do something like that with a group of women. They turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Amazing! How beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up. I'll have the new party up later tonight!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  41. I haven't seen these in years! I'll be looking forward to next year's tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This gets a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my goodness these just make my heart dance with glee!! I used to get these every year when I was a little girl. I would love to know where she bought her molds from. I have been hunting and hunting for some of the molds and haven't been able to find any.

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are so pretty! I would love to learn how to make these. Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  45. Phyllis@grandparentsplus.com
    Beautiful!
    My mother made these for us each Easter, too! My sister and I were just talking about them this Easter! What my mom did was to print pictures of us, cut them out and add them into the scenes!
    Do you have the recipe for the sugar eggs and the icing?

    ReplyDelete
  46. AMAZING!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Those are just stunning! How pretty and how fun to get together to learn to make them. Thanks so much for sharing at Transformed Tuesday. You will be featured later tonight.

    Hugs
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful, I had forgotten about these! How fun doing them! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  49. These are so awesome! I remember my sister having one.

    ReplyDelete
  50. a relative of ours would make these every year for us, never knew we were supposed to keep them for years, as kids we picked off the decorations and ate them!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Are these for sale. My grandmother gave me one from Denmark. I would like to buy one for my great niece

    ReplyDelete
  52. Your eggs are so cute, I have not seen these in forever, I remember getting those when I was a kid, never thought about creating them now, that must have been a fun project. Found your blog on Pinterest today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...