Monday, May 28, 2012

Time REALLY Does Fly

Over the weekend, my daughter (the youngest of my 2) graduated from high school.
It is true, time really does fly. It flies way faster than I'd like!!!
There is a song by Trace Adkins that keeps playing over and over in my head...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
 
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this 
 
It seems like just yesterday that my children were this little...
Such proud little artists! Mommy paints and draws on everything... why shouldn't we?

I just blinked and they turned into this...

I am proud to say that they are both wonderful people!
They are best friends (even though they still have a little fight every now and then).
My son will be a senior in college in the Fall, and my daughter is following him to the same college.
I will probably start posting more frequently when they leave trying to keep my mind off of it!!! However, I am excited for them and thrilled that they are doing what they should and both have a clear goal of what they want for their future!

So, for those of you who have small children, enjoy every minute. They will be leaving for college before you know it! Don't stress about a messy house, or mismatched clothes, or getting to bed 5 minutes late because you have to read one more story. The time you spend with them is so important, and giving them the freedom to be creative and feel special will make them better people.
Did I mention that my son is going to be an architect and my daughter is going to be a textile designer?

Here are a few more pictures of my sweet girl...





1 comment:

  1. So true, I became an empty nester last year with my youngest graduating high school and going off to college. Life sure has changed, but I'm starting to get used to it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...