Friday, October 18, 2024

Tree Frog And The Flower Child

 


This is one of those projects that I was so excited about starting that I forgot the "before" picture. But, we've all seen them... traditional little side table, stained, with a faux leather top.

This one was not in the best shape & needed some love. The bottom had a few scratches, but the leather top was in really bad shape.

To bring this little table back to life, I started by painting the wood with the color, Tree Frog, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company. Tree Frog is one of my favorite colors! 

Tree Frog is such a bright, vibrant color, that it's not for everyone. But, when you add a dark wax or glaze over the paint, it tones it down. So, I added Dixie Belle's Best Dang Wax in black.

I used a stiff bristle brush to add the black wax to the grooves & any recessed detail. I put the wax on heavy, then wiped it back with a rag.

I left the wax heavy in the grooves & used the wax left on the rag to add a thin layer of wax over the rest of the table. This not only tones down the green, but also seals the paint.

As I said earlier, the leather top was in bad shape. Even painting it with the color, Caviar,  didn't hide the imperfections. So, I grabbed the Flower Child transfer from Dixie Belle to hide the damage.

With the transfers, you remove the white backing, position the design where you want it, then rub over the design with a burnishing tool that comes with it.

I burnish over the entire design, then start lifting the plastic cover, burnishing towards where I'm lifting as I go. If any of the design comes up with the plastic, I lay it back down & burnish until it adheres.


The sections of the design line up easily.

Some parts of the design I overlapped as I went around the table with the transfer.

I made sure to continue the transfer on the sides of the top of the table.

I know this look isn't for everyone. However, every piece I've painted with Tree Frog has sold quickly. And, this piece was no exception.

I had this table for sale in a local shop. I live in a town with a large film studio & someone from the studio came in looking for whimsical furniture. SOLD!

I have no idea if it was purchased for a movie or tv show. If you happen to spot it, please let me know!!!



Linking To:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...