Monday, March 8, 2021

Farmhouse Bench Makeover

 When my friend, Debbie, & her husband purchased a farm, this bench was left behind...

Although neglected & abandoned, Debbie wanted to save it & incorporate it somewhere in the new house they were building.
So, I started sanding away at all the loose, chipping paint.
Once I finished sanding, I painted the bench with the color, Fluff, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.
When the Fluff was dry, I used the Royal Damask stencil from Dixie Belle and randomly stenciled some areas of the bench. I used the color Hampton Olive from Dixie Belle's new paint line, Silk.


Once the paint was dry, I sanded over the bench to maintain the rustic look.



Debbie gave the bench a beautiful spot to hold some of her plants in a beautiful sunny room.





Linking To:

5 comments:

  1. The bench has such pretty French Country charm now with the faded stencil design. Beautiful save, Virginia, you friend must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so pretty!! I love the femininity plus rustic together!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this turned out. I haven't tried the Dixie Belle yet- My favorite antique store just started carrying the whole line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this bench! The stenciling really makes it special. You've got one lucky friend:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...