Monday, March 1, 2021

Anchors Away

 Timing is everything!

I was doing a couple of painting projects for a friend, & she offered to give me a desk. It just so happened that she delivered it when my son & daughter in law were visiting. They just so happened to be looking for a desk. So, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

But, the desk needed a little love...


This was the perfect project for me to try out the new paint line, Silk, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.

I chose the color, Anchor.


The top portion of the desk was a little too traditional for my son & his wife, so I only painted the bottom section.

Once I had painted the desk with Anchor, I added stripes of gold gilding wax to the front of the desk. I added painters tape & then rubbed the wax on with my finger.


I also rubbed the gilding wax on the metal hardware.



My first experience with Silk was amazing & I love the transformation of this piece.




Linking To:

4 comments:

  1. transition is amazing! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful update on the desk - love the colour and gilding wax.
    Jou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that timing. The desk looks gorgeous, Virginia! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the top half.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...