Monday, April 24, 2017

The Red Chandelier

I know... a lot of my posts begin with, "a friend gave me this ...", and this post is no different. 
A friend gave me this old brass chandelier...
I took all the wiring and other parts out until I was just left with nothing but brass.
Then I gave it 2 coats of Dixie Belle paint in the color Barn Red.

 I went over it with Dixie Belle's black glaze.
I put battery operated candles where the light bulbs used to go & I used a rope to hang it from the ceiling of my front porch.
It goes perfectly with my other red accents.
And, if and when my accent color changes, I'll just paint the chandelier again with one of Dixie Belle's other beautiful colors!


Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings,  Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru LifeBloom Designs,French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Charm Bracelet Diva, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge


9 comments:

  1. Cute idea and it looks fabulous on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch is BEAUTIFUL! I did the same thing with a chandelier, painted it red and added battery lights and it hangs in my screened gazebo. Now here's a silly question -- don't all of your pretty things get wet when it rains? Do you take everything in or is it sheltered somehow? I love the little 'dresser' and lamp! SO cozy and inviting! I'm pinning your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red and I love Dixie Belle Paint. The chandy looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red chandelier really makes a cheerful statement on your front porch. I like your rocker and the dresser with mirror, too. It all goes together to make a really inviting entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great in red and where you have it....love it on a front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Virginia! The red color is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous! I love the bold red color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the chandelier AND your porch! My dream is to have a covered front porch! Dixie Belle paint is awesome, I love using it, too. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen | Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!

    lol...we redid a chandelier. We took it apart and it sat on the table for a few weeks. Finally got it painted and was ready to put it back together. OOPS! Should have taken a before picture of it because we had a devil of a time getting all the pieces to look correct again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...