Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Farmhouse Table #Two


Just over 2 years ago, I shared my farmhouse table that my son, John, made for me. He's an architect, so you can tell him what you want and he has the vision (and ability) to make it happen. Here is mine...
 You can read about it HERE.

I love my table! My son, however, did not love building it and said he'd never build another one. And, I don't know why, because he makes it look so easy!
Now let's fast forward 2 years...
My friend, Christine, bought a new house with a huge dining room. She had been shopping for a large table, but couldn't find exactly what she wanted. So, she called to see if John would build her one. Well, I guess table building is kind of like childbirth. You forget just how painful it is and are willing to do it again after a little time passes. 
She gave him a picture of something she liked and he made it happen.
The top has beautiful wide planks...
He stained the top with Dixie Belle Gel Stain in the color Espresso.
The base is made entirely out of 2 x 4's. Once the three bases were made, he stained them with the Espresso gel stain.
Of course, I couldn't keep my hands out of it, so I painted over the stained base with Dixie Belle paint in the color Drop Cloth. Then we distressed the base with sandpaper.


The table is 9' x 4' and John didn't want to attach the top until the table was in place to make it easier to get it into the house. It's so big that we delivered it in 2 trucks. Luckily we have two trucks and could just make one trip.


The table easily seats 12 people.

Farmhouse table #2 looks beautiful in Christine's new home...


Once again, John says he'll never build another one. But, I want one for my screened porch, so I'll give him a little time to forget the pain and then I'll have the perfect table for my porch.

Pin It

Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings,  Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru LifeBloom Designs,French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Charm Bracelet Diva, The Painted Hinge


15 comments:

  1. Wow, what talent!! Beautiful tables - hope you get another made for your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love what he created! After watching Fixer Upper and seeing the tables they've had made for different clients I fell in love with this kind of big farm style table. I wish I had room for one! Somehow I have a feeling your son will find a way to build you another table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table ... and what a blessing to have it made for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE farmhouse tables! We have a 90 inch one made from an old barn! Your son is so talented, you must be proud. And I'm sure your friend was just thrilled with the outcome! Would love to see this at Vintage Charm on Thursday morning! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful work....Very talented. I love how the top turned out, great color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one amazing farmhouse table!! Stunning!! Your son is so talented!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Happy Easter!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it is gorgeous! He did an amazing job!! Wish I lived close and I'd order one. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. This farmhouse table is amazing!!!! Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this table! Absolutely gorgeous! :)

    I'd like to invite you to share this at the brand-new Farmhouse Friday link party which kicks off this Friday at 6:00 am PST! I am giving away a $50 Amazon gift certificate to celebrate, and I will also share your linkup on DIY Farmhouse Style Facebook group where I admin, which at this writing has over 130k members! :)

    Hope to see you on Friday!

    Michelle
    The Painted Hinge
    www.thepaintedhinge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! I mean seriously this is so gorgeous. He has a whole 'nother career option. It's not surprising he'd have such a great eye given who his mom is. Featuring when my party opens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing this at the Farmhouse Friday link party! Shared and pinned! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...