Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Scrabble Tile Christmas DIY


Halloween is over and it's time to start focusing on Christmas. The older I get, the faster it comes!
This is a fun and quick project. And, I think it's adorable!

I painted the Scrabble trays with barn red in Dixie Belle Paint.

While the trays dried, I painted some wooden tree cutouts with green paint.

I spelled out words using the Scrabble tiles and glued them onto the trays using E6000. Then I glued on the trees. I made some of the trees taller by gluing 2 together.

I finished them off with these cute little reindeer that I found at Michael's.




How easy was that?!!!
And, they're super cute!



Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonTruly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of LemonsMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty HomeAdorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter BusterTwelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill, Friday's Furniture Fix, DIY-Crush,


Photobucket/

17 comments:

  1. I love Scrabble and I love deer, so it's a win-win for me!:) I know what you mean about Christmas coming even sooner as we get older! Really hope we see this at the Vintage Charm party that goes live Thursday morning at 8 EST. Just pop on over to my blog and join in the fun when you wake up! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dropping by from the Share Your Cup link party. This is such a cute -- and clever and easy -- idea! I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!

    I have a link party that I am trying to grow. It's Party in Your PJs on my Grandma Ideas site http://grandmaideas.com. I invite you to share this idea -- and a couple of others -- because I know that my readers would love this idea as much as I do!

    It runs until Sunday night at midnight. I hope that you can make it.

    Warmest regards,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea for bookcases or a fireplace mantle. Pinning to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bowl of scrabble tiles on a side table in the dining room. We spell out words and friends who come to our house spell words out as well. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Virginia! I love using my scrabble letters for seasonal messages. I have a few little deer similar to those. Aren't they so cute? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable! I'd love to see them in a giant scrabble set too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! Love it!!
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a creative project. Smart way to combine imagination with common items we all have to make something so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes they are super cute! I'm pinning them and adding them to my to-do list! Also following you, I think your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love scrabble tile projects and this one is totally adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Brag About It!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely DIY!! Love the idea!! Thank you so much for sharing at my craft party on Thursday! Hope to see your newest posts this week, which starts at 7pm EST.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made some little scrabble ornaments a few years ago and have some tiles left over. I love this idea and the little deer are just a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this sweet craft! Now, where to find scrabble pieces without buying the whole game??!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute display. I saw it featured on What To Do Weekends and wanted to stop by to pin it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...