Thursday, March 20, 2014

Going Retro


This mid-century modern table came to me like this...

already painted with a base coat 
and ready for me to have fun!

A lady from a local antique mall called me with a request.
Make this table look like the table in the magazine, Paint It...
 She loved the starburst design and the colors.

She had already painted the table with turquoise 
so she wanted the design in white & lime green.

I knew this was going to be a fun one!!!

I used chalk to draw 3 different size circles...
 Wow, the color looks completely different inside.

When I had the placement the way I liked,
I painted all the circles white.


I did 3 coats to achieve good coverage.
Then I added green over some of the white circles.
This took 2 coats.

Using a ruler and a black paint pen,
I drew lines making each one different lengths.



At the end of each line, I added a dot.
The lines on the green circles got a white dot &
the lines on the white circles got a green dot.


I love how this retro table turned out...


And, so did the lady who the table belongs to.
You'll probably see this design from me again!

 This table already had the mid-century modern vibe.
But, adding the star burst design makes it scream,
RETRO!
 Pin It

Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie TooHouse of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-ManiacDIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated HouseLines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Lamb Around Domestically SpeakingThe Kurtz Corner,     C.R.A.F.T.,  Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Sugar and Dots,  Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateMiss Mustard Seed

19 comments:

  1. How fun! This look takes a steady hand and you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! THIS is exactly the table I'm looking for for my modern family room. Do you have another one???!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute table! I am definitely no good with paint, but I have other craft hobbies. Thanks for stopping by my Wetcreek Blog. I am your newest follower ;)
    Linda @Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to revive an old table! I love it. This would be especially cute in old fashioned styled rec room sitting area. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful. What a great makeover, the colours, the design all perfect. I'm looking round the room wondering what I could add that sort of design to now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I don't have the skills to do this, I pinned it. It looks awesome! I may be dating myself here, but it makes me think of The Jetsons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on this awesome mid-century table - love it! Thanks for linking it at the DIY Sunday Showcase party and I've pinned it to our DIY Sunday Showcase Board.
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! It's nice that the base coat was already done and you could get right to the fun part!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is BETTER than the one in the magazine!!! I love the shape of your retro table! How perfect.... and the colors and the color bursts..... fun-fun-fun!!! Great work.... You should be proud of yourself, girl!
    :) Have a happy week!!
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic job! I'm impressed and curious if used a protective finish on this and if so what? Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came out super cute and yay for the base coat being done for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great execution. The piece just makes me smile. Happy SYC Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came out amazing! I just got a MCM coffee table that I love this for inspiration to what to paint on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colour choices are right on for that sweet table. I especially like how you added the black line too. Visiting via "Live,Laugh,Thursday, Linky" as your next door neighbor. p.s. I love Lisa Leonard too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Job ... love it.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great job. Really fun retro! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen quite a few cork key chains on the web and decided I would make some. After all, I have NO shortage of corks. Most of th...Web Design Company In Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...