Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Repurposed Light Fixture

One of the stores where I rent space had this light fixture with a sign on it that said "FREE"...
I had never even noticed it because it was sitting under a table. I guess someone had tried to sell it, but no one ever wanted it and they decided just to give it away to get it out of the store. It does have a few holes in the glass...

Someone told me I should take it home. At first I couldn't think of anything I'd want to do with it. Until, I turned it upside down to check out the light part of it.
So, here's what I did...
I took out the globe and bulb...

I took off the finial  and removed the chain and wire.

I have this birdbath...
I love it, the birds love it, but it kind of gets lost with the dark color and tall plants.
I removed the copper bowl and the glass light fixture fit perfectly into the base of the birdbath.


Now, remember, the glass has holes in it and won't hold water.
So, I put the copper bowl into the light fixture. It was a perfect fit!

 The light fixture added some height to the birdbath and lightened it up.

The birds still love it!

Pin It


Linking To: 
Savvy Southern Style, Boogieboard Cottage,Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just A Housewife, Coastal Charm,To Sew With Love, Under The Table & Dreaming,Cherished Treasures,The Graphics Fairy,Polly Want A Crafter,Funky Junk Interiors,Addicted 2 Decorating,Domestically Speaking,Tales of a Trophy Wife,DIY Showoff, Skip To My Lou,Mommy By Day... Crafter By Night,Miss Mustard Seed,All Things Heart and Home,The Shabby Nest,Someday Crafts,Sew Much Ado,Lil' Luna,Sugar and Dots,House of Hepworths,Yesterday on Tuesday,Thrifty Decorating,Remodelaholic,Fingerprints on the Fridge,Lovely Crafty Home,Ladybird LN Craft Envy,Dittle Dattle,Craft-O-Maniac,Keeping It Simple,Mad In Crafts,Making The World Cuter,Sisters of the Wild West,Sarahndipities,Today's Creative Blog,Tip Junkie,Sassy Sites,The Thrifty Home,seven thirty three,Sisters Stuff,Fabric Bows and More,Sew Woodsy,Tea Rose Home,Ginger Snap Crafts,The Shabby Creek Cottage,What Allie's Making Now,Thrifty 101,Momnivore's Dilemma,It's Sew Stinkin Cute,Beyond The Picket Fence,Finding Fabulous,Trendy Treehouse,A Little Knick Knack,Chic on a Shoestring Decorating,Simply Sweet Home, Creation Corner,Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters,Mommaskindacrafty,Simply Designing,Joyful Stamper,Tatertots and Jello,Along For The Ride,Young and Crafty,While He Was Napping,A Vision To Remember,Stay At Home Nation,LambAround,Nifty Thrifty Things,Petite Hermine,A Bowl Full Of Lemons,The Foley Fam,Type A,Reasons To Skip The Housework,DIY Club Inc,Primitive and Proper,Creations by Kara,Elle Belle CreativeTales from Bloggeritaville,Delightful Order,Gluesticks,Somewhat Simple,Frugalicious Me,All Things Fee,Cherished Bliss,Homework,Me and My Boys,Homemaker on a Dime,Primp,Craft Junkie Too,Home Savvy,Lines Across My Face,Bear Rabbit Bear,The Kurtz Corner,Chef In Training,The Sasse Life,Project Queen,Crafty Scrappy Happy,Raising 4 Princesses,DIY Home Sweet Home,Passionately Artistic,Redoux,Pocket Full Of Pink,Kammy's Korner,I Can't Stop Crafting,Sassafras Salvation,The Artsy Girl Connection,The Shady Porch,Rae Gun Ramblings,Six Sisters Stuff,Sew Crafty Tuesday,Adventures In Dinner,Knick Of Time,Five Days 5 Ways,Some Good Stuff,Seven Alive,Ivy and Elephants,Creating Home,Alderberry Hill,
The Cottage MarketFine Craft Guild, I should be mopping the floor, CRAFT.,  Happy Hour Projects, Natural Mothers Network, Cowgirl Up, It's A Cinch,  Country Momma Cooks, Goings On In TexasAt Home With K Mushki Loves, Grateful Belly, Etcetorize, Bowdabra, Dotted Line Crafts,

51 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It looks so nice in your yard!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.
    http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board! Hope to see you back next week!

      Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

      Delete
  2. Love the way it lightened up the space and created lots of interest!That is a genius idea! Way to go Artsy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! What a great idea - never would have thought of this one. When I first saw the picture of the light, I was thinking, "there's nothing she can do with this that I will like.." and I love your birdbath. I'm sure the birds are loving their updated bath!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you back...and had to pin this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun....love what you did with that broken shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I have to admit I wouldn't have taken it, even for free! LOVE what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bird Bath, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are soooo smart. This looks fabulous.

    My, but it must take FOR-EV-ER to link to so many parties. How do you do it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat idea! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever ... and now I just spotted the next post with the fork & corks and must head there right now!

    But you've given your birds a very classy place to bathe now ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! What a gorgeous sport you've created. I have already made your plant markers from last week. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative way to re-purpose this light fixture! It looks so pretty in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea!!! Coming by to visit from Katherine's hop!
    Cheers,
    Char
    http://1epicmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good idea! I love this kind of upcycling. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea and super cute! I am stopping by from Goings On In Texas link up party! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute!!! I'm stopping in from Taylor's at Goings on in Texas...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! Now I need to find an old light fixture. And a birdbath.

    I would love it if you would share this on my new link party:
    http://www.maidendshade.com/2012/05/youve-got-it-maiden-dshade-link-party-1.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm going to have to look for this at tag sales!! Thanks for sharing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's beautiful! I think it's the prettiest birdbath I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. How great and how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is a truly inspired idea!!! A wonderful way to repurpose the lamp too. Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop. I appreciate your bloggy friendship xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this idea...especially since I have a stained glass shade that is broken too. And, I just couldn't bring myself to trash it. Now'll I'll be hunting a stand to put it atop. Thanks for sharing this idea. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Came over from Ladybird Lane to see the lamp makeover. From free to fabulous! Great repurposing -
    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  23. woow...great job :)
    and do not miss...

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute idea. I would love to invite you to join us and share at our Friday Block Party at Curb Alert!
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/05/friday-block-party-5-feature-from-party.html
    The link is open all weekend.
    Hope to see you there!
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  25. And to think that was free. What a fabulous idea, no doubt the birds love it, I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh WOW!! Way to put things together in an unexpected way! It looks FABULOUS!

    <3 Christina
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
    Thanks for linking up to the Wildly Original Round Up linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a fantastic idea! You are one clever lady!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks great - very clever idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is simply beautiful!!!Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great way to up-cycle that light!! You are so clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! I really love how this turned out. Amazing recycle save for something that was definitely headed for the land fill. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize Make it Great this week (Have you linked this up to the 3 R party too? It's a perfect fit!)

    ReplyDelete
  32. How wonderful! Another piece saved from the landfill, Whoohoo!! I'll bet the birds just feel so special drinking and bathing from it! I know you visit a lot of parties (I'm a tad addicted to parties myself) but I would love it if you shared this at You're Gonna Love It Tuesday! Have a terrific day ♥
    http://www.kathewithane.com/2012/05/youre-gonna-love-it-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. what a great idea! It looks really good with your stone too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Seriously! This so creative! Love it! Thanks for sharing your ideas on "Strut Your Stuff" Saturday! We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  35. Too clever! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. you are seriously brilliant! It looks AWESOME! (And I want it.........) :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you so much for linking up this fun project at my Unveil Your Genius link party last week. I hope you'll link up again soon!
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/05/unveil-your-genius-link-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. I couldn't imagine what you were going to do with that light fixture but I so love the birdbath idea! Do you lay awake at night plotting your next creation? LOL Thanks for sharing this at Sunday Blog Love...this will be one of my top picks for the week..wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a clever idea, Virginia! The birds will be so happy with the birdbath and the environment will also thank you for recycling it!

    thanks for sharing!


    hugs,
    Lelanie

    to-sew-with-love.com
    tocookwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is being featured over at the Trash 2 Treasure Party today on Kammy's Korner! :) Feel free to grab a featured button if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...