Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Spoon Curtains!???

A few weeks ago, I wrote about these spoons I found at the Goodwill. There were 100 brand new spoons in the bag! You can read more about that here.


Back in the summer, I showed how I turned iced tea spoons into plant markers. You can read that post here for the tutorial...


With my new spoons, I decided to make a Christmas curtain. 


I started by tracing around the spoons so I would know how big to draw my design...



I drew my designs using markers...


Then I cut the paper in sections to be able to tear the paper easily...


I tore enough paper away so that the design would fit inside the spoon and no pencil marks were left.

I used an ink pad to age the paper...



I put a drop of Diamond Glaze on the spoon and attached the paper. I rubbed out all of the bubbles and wrinkles, smoothing the glaze on top of the paper to seal it and give it a glossy finish. You could use ModPodge for this, also.


I had my husband drill holes in the end of each spoon so that I could add a jump ring...


For the curtain, I bought 3 coordinating fabrics and cut them into strips. They are about 2 inches wide and 20 inches long, but I didn't measure so the size varies slightly.



 I tied the strips onto a tension rod...



I then cut thin strips of my fabric and tied it to the jump rings...

I tied my spoons onto the rod varying the height of the spoons so they would hang at different levels.


I hung the curtain in my kitchen, of course. 
It makes a festive addition to my Christmas decor!



30 comments:

  1. Your Christmas spoons and curtain are so festive. What a Goodwill find! Thanks for your comment at my blog. I appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! These are just tooooo cute! I'd love it if you linked it to the party that is going on at Project Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOOOO STINKIN CUTE!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully cute and creative idea! Very pretty! And lucky you with all the spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beyond cute! So glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this spoon project is just fabulously festive!!! i love it and i am surely going to give it a try! enjoy your day...so glad you dropped by and then i paid a visit...hugs...your newest follower : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your spoons. I would love for you to share these at Bacon Time. The weekly linky is Fri-monday but I also have an ongoing winter linky these would look great in (pic link on right side bar). Happy holidays.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a GREAT idea!

    Note to self: add to Christmas Prep List for next year :)


    Thanks for stopping by The Fridge Door Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Crumb! Seriously clever!

    Thank-you so much for joining our Pin’Inspiration Party today. Your creativity is very much appreciated.

    Happy follower, would love for you to pop by to grab a button.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it looks so good! I love how the strips of fabric are different lengths and the spoons look so fabulous and festive... perfect for the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. IF THIS DOESN'T GET THE MOST SMILES THIS YEAR in your home, I'll eat my keyboard! Seriously creative!!

    (off to read your story about the bag of 100 spoons now!)

    Visiting from Flaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring linky party,
    Smiles and thanks for sharing :D
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative idea! Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you'll come by and link up at this week's Friday Favorites party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You are creative. I would love for you to link up to my Christmas Party @ http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/ I also have a Crafty Lassie Tuesday each week you can come and link up to.
    Thanks Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your spoon curtain is A-mazing! Love how festive and unique it is. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me! I am your newest follower as I can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH Wow!! This is SO adorable! What a bargain those spoons were and this is such a creative way to use them as well as the plant markers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that is so creative! I love the idea for plant markers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful post thanks for sharing. So happy to meet you I have enjoyed looking around. I have just found your lovely blog through the Monday link wonderful to join in. I'm now following you hope you visit me sometime, follow back if you like so nice to find new friends to catch up with. Have a great day.
    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea - that window looks fully dressed for the holidays now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so clever!!! I'm featuring your curtains tonight at Project Queen's Highlights!

    Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so creative! I love both the spoons and your curtains!

    Thanks for sharing at Knick of Time Tuesday!

    Don't forget to add my party button to your sidebar so I can feature you in the future!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there, I found you VIA
    trash to treasure Blog Hop
    If you get a Chance, Please come check out my
    blog @ http://krystylco.blogspot.com/
    It's a fairly new blog, and I'd LOVE a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant Idea! I pinned you. I think I might like to try this in my laundry room (when I get it done). Thanks for sharing such a creative post! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so EXTREMELY unique... I would have NEVER thought of it that's for sure... You did a BEAUTIFUL job.. Thank you so much for sharing it at http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

    ReplyDelete
  25. so pretty and festive indeed! Thanks for sharing! ^^) Have a lovely week.

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...