Friday, November 4, 2011

Spoons!


On my trip to Goodwill today, I was looking through one of the tubs full of silverware. I saw this ziplock bag full of little spoons. They appear to be grapefruit spoons but I'm not really sure. They were hard to see because they were individually wrapped in plastic sleeves, and then bundled together in groups and put in another plastic sleeve with a rubber band around it. 
I had a project in mind and was looking for spoons so I was very excited to see these, even though I couldn't really see them very well through the layers and layers of plastic. I was just glad that I didn't have to buy forks and knives just to get the spoons I wanted!
When I got them home and started to unwrap them, they were perfect for my project...you'll have to wait to hear about that! I had no idea how many spoons were in the bag., but each bundle had 10 spoons and there were 10 bundles. Do the math....that's 100 spoons!!! And, for the best part...I paid $6.96 for them!
This is only a portion of them...
As I examined the spoons in shock that they appear to have never been used, I looked at the back and there were the markings... Delta Airlines!
Now, I do live outside of Atlanta which is the headquarters for Delta, but I didn't expect to find Delta spoons at the Goodwill!
I can't wait to get started on my project!

I also bought this great silver candle holder/vase. It has a removable frog...do you still call it a frog if it doesn't have those needle like thingys?
I got his for a steal at $3.83!

All in all another great shopping day at the Goodwill!

10 comments:

  1. Morning ! wow what a find! I love the little vase thing with the candle holders...sooo nice..and can't wait to see what you have in mind with the spoons??? look forward to it ! Have a great weekend !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny! delta airlines. great score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with the spoons!

    A loyal follower, Georgia native and Delta Air Lines flight attendant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your posts! We are kindred spirits- except you know what you are going to do with your finds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! Thanks for stopping bay, have a beautiful day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat find!!! Delta Airlines Spoons, who would have thought? :)

    Love the other piece you found. I have one I found thriftin' too, years ago. Makes for a really pretty simple centerpiece, filled with flowers and candles! ~enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you do with the spoons! Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for those spoons! What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I SAW the project you did for Christmas with your spoons :wink wink: It turned out great!

    Ay! Thanks Delta Airlines! :D

    Smiles,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...